Will OW2 reset MMR?

Hey, I know it is just speculation at this point as we don’t know almost anything specific about OW2, but do you think the mmr will be reset for competitive once the game is out? You will get your cosmetics but you should get your lvl and stats renewed so why not MMR? You would do your placements for the first time and get 2350 sr by default…if you are top 500 you would get to GM in like a few hours, not a big deal

Could you imagine the outrage if some of the “higher rank” players couldn’t just do their 5 placements each, on their like 10 accounts,
and then park their acc around their peak sr that they got in like s5

What I’m trying to say, probably not

No, and there will most likely not be any significant change to the way ranking is handled.

Of course there will be. Since ow2 is a completely different game with different team comp

1 Like

i hope they will but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.
half the community has been asking for it since season 2 but the devs are pretty arrogant when it comes tho things they dont like.

1 Like

with that logic, there should have had one with the indroducion of role lock but instead we got people placing 4500 on roles they have never played.
what makes you think ow2 would be different?