You stole my boxes!

Okay so this is more a formal complaint on the removal of loot boxes. Specifically the removal of my 1607 lootboxes.
I get it, Blizzard needs to convert everything to make the transition easy into OW2, the fact that they’re cutting corners, deleting the old IP and replacing it entirely isn’t great but hey ho.
I had a plan, to stream opening lootboxes, I’d been saving them for over 5 years and I decided I was going to stream opening them before OW2 dropped. Down to plans made last year I have been on holiday for the last 2 weeks, I finally log in and see that All 1607 of my boxes have been fast track opened for me and my plans are ruined.
I’ve only just started to get my foot in the door of streaming and I’ve been promising people that I’d be doing a 24hr Unbox stream. Now I can’t, I wouldn’t mind if they had made it more well known that they were removing loot boxes all together, and given a longer period of warning, I could have planned around that, but I didn’t see jack all about it till I came online to my dissapointment.
I had the very first Golden box they gave out on Twitch prime, still there in my hoard of lootboxes! I had the most variety of lootboxes with the various Golden, legendary and even Hammond boxes, Not a single bought box if you exclude the prime freebies. The only proof I have is the word of my friends and the screenshot I took stating 1607 lootboxes opened.
But now, somewhat to my own Hubris and bad timing along with Blizzard in general, everything is gone and I’m not happy about it.

I just want to know if anyone else knows this pain? I’d also like someone at Blizzard to take on the formal complaint since I can’t find anywhere to actually post one directly.

4 Likes

You were given plenty of warning of the specific date this would happen.

You should have streamed it sooner.

Sorry, no sympathy.

2 Likes

RodimusPrime, you sound like an absolute jerk.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that this happened…

:pouting_cat:

+1

2 Likes

Not looking for sympathy, I’m only really voicing my desparity on the loss. Hell I went so far as to create a thread on the matter on the Forums in the first place, this is the deepest I’ve delved into the games community outside of making a few friends years back. As to the warnings, I work difficult hours and have a lot to do in the day, the most News I hear on OW is what’s on the launcher screen and that’s about it, I wish I had the time to put into the game, but to be fair if I had the time then I’d have likely burnt myself out entirely on it by now, that actually lends to why I’m not too impressed about the total replacement of the base game, but that complaint has been voiced enough.

that is because he is.

3 Likes

They made a lot of people angry and upset for no reason you are not alone the whole move from OW1 to OW2 damaged thier reputation.

The move no one wanted and asked for apart from the financial department!

2 Likes

Greetings @Dave, I have to agree with @RodimusPrime this time.

I blame people that u had to watch with them your 1607 loot booxes u had to open,because,Blizzard Activision gave u 2 warnings at least

but your people that u had to watch with them,how many warning’s they gave you?

Sorry, no sympathy.

Again, not after sympathy thanks!
Just out here voicing a personal grievance.

As to the two warnings, I simply never saw them during the brief glimpses I got at the launcher screen before I got the game started. If the warnings were in the game then they were missed due to me not being able to get online for a little while. Again, the whole bad timing part.

I’m not sure the other point you’re trying to communicate, if you’d like to re-iterate it? Or not is fine too.

The kid that claims to have 1 account and love playing the game… yet this account doesn’t ever level up has an opinion… cute.

Yeah. Sadly people get upset when you just say it as it easy.

No sugar coating it. The dude missed the boat. It was well publicised what was going to happen.

For curiosity’s sake, where did they publicize it?
With any luck, I’ll remember to check back to that source from time to time if it’s quick and accessible.

It was all over Twitter when they announced it. Every gaming news platform picked up on it at some point.

There are YouTube videos about it from at least a month a go.

Quick Google search has articles appearing about it from about 9th August.

I don’t tend to search specifically for Overwatch stuff on twitter but good to note. I tend to avoid Gaming news platforms as I’ve found they are 3/4 drama, click bait and false promises.

I must not follow anyone on youtube who has done a video on the matter, but then I don’t think I follow any OW players anymore on there…

I thought I had the info I needed and cared about, so had no reason or want to google search anything on the matter.
It is what it is end of the day. Oh well, I feel better after griping about the matter in an online forum, bonus if a dev see’s the gripe, but if not; is only game, no need to be mad.

Yeah. It is mostly nonsense, but you can’t drop the ones that are BS and stick with the 1 or 2 you like. I only follow 2, because they just report on news, not drama.

“no need to be mad.”
Agreed! if only a few others up there could follow that lol.

Good luck with the streams!

coming from a broken record that likes to repeat things so so so many times. you are not liked on these forums for a reason. please sort out your toxic behavior, thank you.

Why would I care about being liked on here? What relevance does that have to anything.

Such an odd thing to say from your alt account.

as I told you a billion times this is not an alt account this is a main account, i only have one account. damn how many braincells do you have exactly? serious question m8

But you don’t play on it.

You’ve claimed you enjoy playing the game but how can you… if this is your only account, then you aren’t playing the game at all.

I wasn’t upset, you did nothing to me.
Sadly, as you say, people get upset when you just say it straight.
It was the condescending tone in which you wrote it, obviously he would be aware of all the facts afterwards. He also said he wasn’t looking for sympathy, which is the first thing you said you wouldn’t give him - maybe check your reading comprehension?

3 Likes