Your rendering device has been lost

Same. I sort of need discord to be open when I am playing as that is how comms work in most of my games when I am with friends. However this issue still persists even when it, and CUE are closed. All drivers are current (and have been for the past 2-3 months while this issue has been a thing). No hardware has been changed. I’ve ran the tests they’ve suggested and done all of the troubleshooting.

This issue still is only an issue in Overwatch. No issues in anything else I play, and those games require more of my hardware too. I play everyone OW related on low.

Even if they haven’t found the issue yet I am confident the issue is on their end, as there are a ton of people with this same issue, on different hardware specs, all reporting it only for this game. Hopefully they can figure out a solution or a workaround that fixes it for most people as what has been suggested thus far has yet to yield any success.

Just found a fix (I hope…)
This issue started for me once I upgraded to an RTX 2070 and would continue to happen if I played OW on any graphics setting other than min. This problem has resulted in my account receiving multiple suspensions and has kicked me down from gold to bronze.

My fix was to update my paging file (under ‘system properties’ & ‘performance options’ under the ‘advanced’ tab) to use more virtual memory (custom size: 12gb min / 30gb max) - Just make sure you set this using an internal drive that isn’t an SSD.

This rendering issue would crash my system once every 30mins on average and now that I’ve edited the paging file, I’ve maxed out the settings and it hasn’t happened in 6 hours of game play.

If this fix does not work for you, then I sincerely apologise.

Update on this: Problem is back. Very odd seeing as I didn’t see this issue again for around 8 hours of play after editing my paging file. Now it shuts me down every 15mins…

Well I’ve been having the same problem you guys have been having and now I’m suspended from competitive for 30 mins, not to mention all my lost SR. Please fix this or come up with something that will actually help. The only game that i have any trouble with is Overwatch. Every other game i play has no problems.

1 Like

oh no not 500 SKILL RATING!

1 Like

I keep getting the same issue, most obnoxious part about it is when you get everything reset and back in your suspended for 30 mins. I know this might be completely out of left field and might not have anything to do with it, but i only started getting this error when i had to redownload a different game launcher. to play a certain very popular FPS at the moment. Any potential?

Prior to i didn’t have the issue, and nothing else changed on my computer

Lol 2019 and this is still happening to A LOT of people. Blizzard, I have to believe that this is something you can fix…

I’ve legit had this issue for over a year now.
I have -
Updated my drivers
Manually updated my drivers
Uninstalled Overwatch
Reinstalled Overwatch
Underclocked my GPU by 30
Factory Reset my computer
Installed drivers
Uninstalled Overwatch
Reinstalled Overwatch
Underclocked by 30
Edited my TDR delay in the registry

and I am STILL having this issue. I have been a loyal customer with Blizzard games. I played WoW for 13 years and spent HUNDREDS of dollars on cosmetics for it. I have played Overwatch for the last 2 years and have spent a lot of money into it as well. SO MUCH SO that I have every skin on my main account, more than 20 OWL skins, and THREE DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS THAT ALL ARE BANNED FROM COMPETITIVE OVERWATCH DUE TO THIS ERROR
I am so incredibly discourage and will most likely be deleting Blizzard out of my life completely. If they cared enough and KNEW it was a problem with THEIR game, it would be fixed because this is still an issue, its been an issue for THREE YEARS and Im getting punished for it while I continuously put money into their pockets.

1 Like

2019 and still this stupid bug isnt fixed by blizzard. Sorry to say but you guys suckk at this. Go make simple games like minecraft…
PS: All you info on how to fix works like crap. and yes I am mad

I am also having this issue, and all top of the line components that play all other games perfect. Your game is broke=I just uninstalling overwatch. Fix the game

Why in hell something that worked before does not work anymore ?
I have played 2 years with scale rendering 140% and now it crashes … it worked for 2 years and , before the last event patch I NEVER had the issue with the same harware and it is not blizzard related ?
An overwatch error message is not blizzard related ?
Are you serious ?

Been trying everything in the linked threads, still getting the error. It sucks but at this point I think I’m just going to move on from Overwatch; this isn’t fair to me or my teammates. Sorry this is happening to everyone :frowning:

So uhm…i literally started playing Overwatch 1 day ago and people here are complaining about having this issue over 15-30 min or so, what about me that get this error every like 30s after the game has started, i have a GTX 980 graphic card and as everybody mentioned i never had this kind of problems, it all started after downloading Overwatch and started playing. I did try already all the fixes mentioned on this thread and others also. Im getting really upset about this and i hope this will get fixed otherwise i think i really wasted my money on this.

Hi All,

I had this issue as well, This was the fix for me:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch
  2. Rename the Overwatch.exe to OverwatchTest.exe
  3. Doubleclick the OverwatchTest.exe to launch the game.

So far i have not have had the render device lost issue. And this is a fix that was proposed by one of the forum mods from blizzard.

My system:

Msi gaming plus motherboard
Ryzen 2700X
Msi Gforce GTX 2070
16GB RAM

1 Like

Install the stock driver ( in my case with the 1060, from march 2018), and the rendering device error is gone…

When i install the newer drivers, i get the error go down to stock driver: no error

So it is not blizzards fault, its something with the gpu driver that keeps causing the problem and the players are responsible for that.

Just downgrade the driver to the stock version and you probably won’t see the message again

just let geforce experience decide your settings in the game… that worked for me…

I actually did this and it worked for a couple of weeks and now that the newest windows update installed the issue is happening again, I do no know if it has anything to do with the windows latest update but I’ve been dealing with this issue for the past 6 months and still do not have a solution and I will not stop using discord cuz I use discord for every game and this just happens with overwatch and I been as well underclocking my card just to play overwatch it happens less often but still that is no a good solution, I need to get this fix come on !!

raise hand if you loose over 500 SR points over this issue?
that’s how stupid and loyal we are

i did whatever the staffs told me to do. Get setting to high, both in game and thru Nvidia control panel and still got crashes. please help out

https://imgur.com/Pa3UEMx

https:// eu.forums.blizzard. com/en/overwatch/t/possible-fix-for-rendering-device-lost/18234

Please delete the spaces in above link…
I play error free since i changed this.