As the title says.
Make a Starcraft 2 game with a Grand Theft Auto theme.
How would this game be like?
- There would be 3 different zones in this game, one for each race.
- Perhaps 3 planets for EACH race… to have different missions.
- Travel from planet to planet via Warp Conduit (like in the Void Launch Co-op mission). These warp devices are located at the edge of each city / planet… mostly in an isolated area.
- Maybe modify the missions from the campaigns… make them a bit more like GTA.
- Gather minerals and Vespene gas as rewards from each mission, or the player harvests them.
- Ability to destroy vehicles, make things explode, infest things.
- Rob people and steal their resources (minerals and gas). The amount of minerals and gas is random… some people have only minerals, some only gas, some both, some have nothing.
- Buy property.
- Control territory.
- Territory is controlled by fighting or infesting.
- Have laboratories to research tech and essence (like in WoL campaign), or steal tech or infest them.
- Rob places.
- Rivalry between Terran groups (think of Raynor’s Raiders vs Dominion), Zerg broods and Protoss tribes (Tal’darim vs Nerazim). You would have to fight in ALL 3 worlds and gain territory.
- Build new bases in new acquired territory, or infest them.
- Rob vehicles, ships and more, and then salvage or sell them.
- Ability to exchange minerals into gas and vice versa. For example: you have a lot of minerals but no gas, so you buy vespene gas using the minerals you already have.
- Secret items to find.
That’s all I can think of for now.
These ideas were based on GTA Vice City and San Andreas.
What do you think?
I don’t think Blizzard would do this, to be honest.
But I might be wrong.
Thanks for reading