Addressing a minor problem related to the behavior of canceling buildings

The minor problem:

A pitfall most new players fall for at least ones is that they accentually cancel an under-construction building when trying to cancel building units from buildings on the same (selected) control group.

Why it is a problem:

This accidental canceling is quite frustrating and confusing for newer players (and secondarily slows gameplay at higher levels a little bit due to the fact that one needs to check if there are still units to be canceled before pressing the cancel button).

Solutions suggestions

There are many ways in changing the cancel building behavior and I don’t know which is optimal (starcraft engine code-wice and gameplay-wise):

• Make it so that you need to select only under construction buildings to be able to cancel them.
  • Make under construction building a separate unit type from the completed building such that one need to TAB to the under-construction building to be able to cancel them.
  • other better solution that I probably missed

End word

I’m in no way an expert in starcraft II and some feedback/suggestions on you think this is a problem that need fixing and if so how to change the changing behavior. Thanks for reading.