Carrier needs more love and BCs need to be taken down a peg

I love the design of Carriers, but gameplay wise they are just trash. Out of all the units in the game they are one of the worst that has been transitioned from lore into gameplay.

They are slow and easy to snipe by practically any anti-air. Their interceptors die super easy, which results in a useless unit that can’t attack when all of the interceptors on a Carrier are destroyed, until it rebuilds. And while it starts off cheaper than a BC, because the interceptors cost money, by just keeping the Carrier alive, by virtue of having to replenish interceptors its cost starts dwarfing that of the BC.

And to top it all off, Blizzard gave a “warp jump” ability to a unit NOT from the faction, whose main gimmick is warping stuff around.

In comparison the BC is just busted. Greater DPS, greater burst, more hit points than the carrier’s hp + shields, extra tankier because it can be repaired, and now its even more mobile due to the warp jump ability. That is just blatant BC bias.

Either BCs need a nerf, or Carriers need a buff, but since we all know Blizzard won’t touch their darling Terran capital ships, I pose a suggestion for the second option. Something that should help the Carrier be more viable as well as better translate the unit from lore into gameplay.

Just like the BC has the Yamato, the Carrier should get a point ant click channeling-laser type of ability, like the one the Gantrithor has in the Mass Recall mod, researchable at the Fleet Beacon. Something to actually effectively brawl against heavier enemies and buildings, a means of self defense in case its interceptors are gone, and the unit finally getting an ability that has only been shown to us in cinematics and cutscenes, teasing us with its existence, but never being implemented.

Make the Carrier viable again.

Hello KRissCHu,

I would like to make you aware of the fact that carriers CAN be viable in general, just not the matchup PvT. The Battlecruiser doesn’t need a nerf, neither does the carrier need a buff. Who has the biggest capital ship doesn’t determine the winner, as every unit has it’s counter. You dont need to build Carriers every game, just because they’re the most expensive and biggest unit that you can build more than once. If your opponent goes for the battlecruiser, you can build stuff such as void rays or even stalkers with blink.

1 Like

As a 5k protoss, I can assure you, carriers do very well in pvt :slight_smile:

Excellent idea!!! This way the Zergs will just leave without even trying.

if you think carriers arent good i imagine you always make them, and consequently suck at the game. Ofcourse youre going to get figured out, every unit has its counters. try making ground units

I am launghing that you are not able to win anymore pros with ur noob strat. Thank goosh they learned to counter ur 30apm noob strat.