Freezing during gameplay/campaign semi fixed

hi, im having issue of freezing during gameplay where it locks up randomly on the campaign.

I’ve found a fix, every time it freeze i use volume up or down key and it instantly kicks in. Its kind of annoying having to repeatedly hit the volume up or down key every few minutes just to get a game but alas.

I’ve tried setting cpu affinity to use cores 1-7 and leave zero free but have had no luck correcting stability issues this way. Wouldn’t say it had any effect to be honest.

Ive tried Disabling shadows and other high cpu usage stuff with no real impact ether

specs
fx 8120
16g ddr 3
1050ti
Any help would be great

Hi Cowmoooflage! Sorry to read about the issue with SC2, glad to see that there is at least a workaround for now even though that is quite odd O.ò

I am suspecting that there may be some issues with the Audio driver in this case; Audio is a CPU heavy process and if driver crashes or don’t work properly they may be causing the freezes, and the audio up/down may be giving the system the jolt it needs to get them unstuck.

I would recommend to try and reinstall the audio drivers and see how that works out. ^^

Let us know if there’s any more issues

no problem will try that, it seems I’m getting the same issue when playing versus mode too. sure i didnt think of that but its defo feels like audio of sorts. I’ve tried a few different settings like music off but nothing yet here hopes audio driver install works.

Edit:- uninstalled Realtek and Nivda drivers just in-case of a conflict, used default windows 11 ones and got same response.
-Installed driver 5.16.94 gpu /audio driver as well and seemed to be less frequent.
-Realtek onboard was similar response. installed the latest one from driver booster

so conclusion 2 different sound cards and same freezing