Game is running, starcraft wont start

Started yesterday, when i log into battle net, then click starcraft the game says its running and a standard windows downloader screen appears, it never goes off this. I noticed just before i started a reinstall and after a computer restart that running sc2 opened my browser, specifically a twitch destiny2 stream?

Any ideas?

im currently going to see where the app shortcut links to :

yea seems to be you cant dl battlenet now.

hmph . . .the feels when you book your holidays and cant play when the family are out!

edit:

IF YOU DO GET THE WINDOWS GREEN BAR LOADING SCREEN, LEAVE IT!
YOU GET IN AFTER 10 MINS! Be careful on ladder tho as 2 times i tried i got a sc2 is not responding.

Further Edit.

Today was a good day, no issues. 2 mins ago i got a message saying new update available. Now the windows loading screen is back. Again, if you just leave it you get in aftyer 5-10 mins, go and make a coffee, watch a ytVid and it comes in that sort of wait time

12 Likes

The same issue here, driving me crazy. Please fix it already Blizzard.

1 Like

Same here. I think it might be a problem with OneDrive not syncing, but not sure. And no troubleshooting has worked thus far.

Same issue here ive raised a ticket. I see that someone had a similar issue a month ago and suggested the game will load after 5 to 10 minutes of the annoying ‘loading’ window.

@Megs yeah exactly. That used to work for me, but not this time. I waited over 20 min and noting.

1 Like

Same here not launching.

1 Like

not working for me either :frowning:

1 Like

same Problem
and when i unstall the game and wanna install it again, the download speed is very low, other games on battelnet dont have this Problem

yup… I can’t run it either. running OS X - latest version and whatever Battlenet update to. I can login but when I hit PLAY it just does nothing. Hangs on trying to load … have to force quit it. rebooted Mac… no dice… Rubbish…

Same issue here. Stuck on windows loading screen. Drivers all updated, windows up to date, game up to date. The game was working fine yesterday, no other changes made to laptop.

Yup pretty much the same for me. Loading screen takes ages before it actually starts the game.

Same here and it never starts

Hi guys. I have same problem, yestarday play game fine, today Battle.net work, i press play starcraft 2 and a window with a loading start but no work and it show me that game already running.

PS: i reinstal game and is the same, what we can do ?? ? ? ?? ? ?

Call of Duty and his 60GB patch are to blame.
After starting sc2, it connects to Blizzard’s servers to check MD5. The servers are overloaded. Sorry for my English.

1 Like

Having the same problem as everyone, laptop just won’t launch SC. The app opens fine but when I hit play it says game is running. At first a load bar pops up that never goes away. Hit cancel and nothing happens.

Updated OS and every driver imaginable and still no dice. Feels bad man.

Same issue here, eventhough I tried this

No luck.

The download speed is low. That’s normal. They said it. So don’t worry :smiley:

If some find a solution, please write to me. I re download this game after years. I am surprised to face problem like this. And, I have suggested to another friend who didn’t play this game.

1 Like

Workaround that works to me:

• Disconnect the net (yep!)
  • Start BNet, SC2 (it launches but complains about being offline)
  • Connect the net
  • Login in game
  • Play

Somehow today launched without need for disconnecting :thinking: in EU region

3 Likes