How to beat protoss air as zerg?

Seems impossible.
Corruptors + vipers and still horrible loss, killed only mothership pretty much.
Oh yeah, he also had templars hidden there…

Yup. Pretty sure that by now everyone knows it’s impossible. A buddy and me -both war veterans from Starcraft I mind you- once wanted to introduce a friend to the game, so we fired up a free-for-all, had Big Game Hunters mod, and agreed to not rush him during the first 5 minutes of the game (as that would have been a dick move).

And wouldn’t you know, 20 minutes in the New Guy sat on one base and a deathball, whereas the two of us each had multiple bases. He wiped us one by one.

Next game we decided to not go easy on him, and attacked him like we would anybody else. When it became apparent he was single-base deathballing again we teamed up (knowing full well that went against the spirit of a free-for-all), and guess what? He wiped us both.

I’m sure somebody is going to point out our many mistakes but the bottom line is that a first-time player could come up with an undefeatable army. And we --the Terran stood a better chance, the Zerg simply got steamrolled, barely an inconvenience-- still haven’t come up with a counter.

My guess is that SC2 is balanced from a 1-v-1 perspective. It’s not meant for long custom games rich in resources with some AI cannonfodder playing along.

1 Like

if you have been paying attention to the pro scene you will have noticed that pro toss players have been 2 base all ining in pvz fairly often, and that is because zerg late game is very hard for toss to deal with atleast at the pro level. infestor viper curroptor and broodlord is a very strong unit comp if you can control it, vipers pull away the mothership if it tries to get too close, infested terran is very very strong especialy with its insane anti air damadge and neural parasite can turn the golden armada against itself.
now ill give a bit of proof that im not balance whining or giving a biased oppinion, i dont 2 base all in often and i am primarly a macro player because i know and understand that despite the fact that zerg late game is stronger than protoss at the proffesional level i am not at the proffesional level so balance has little to no bearing on why i lose games because there are bigger mistakes made by me that i could improve and made by my opponent that i could have abused.

4 Likes