How to do bases seamlessly easily

Don’t mind me being dumb, but during Versus training, it tells us to move idle workers to new base. Is it normal to manually click one at a time and click on the radar to pan over to new base? Normally I thought there would be a quicker/neater way (like dragging a selection box and it filters out the non-idle workers (so you only select the idle workers). It’s quite tricky sometimes because idle workers are hidden behind fast moving workers.

Also, the new F1 key to select next idle worker doesn’t auto-center on the worker. I have to manually click on it’s portrait. (I know there’s CTRL-F… easier rebinding it to 1 key)

Is there a shortcut key to select all units (globally) of the same type as the currently selected unit?

For workers there is an hotkey to select idle workers in Options -> Hotkeys -> Global -> Unit Management called Idle Worker, if you hold CTRL and press the respective Idle Worker key you will select all idle workers.

For all units globally it only works for army units but you can use F2 to select all units, hold CTRL and in the window displaying selected unit left click on a type of unit and it will select all of that respective type of unit.

I use this normally to gather spellcasters or Phoenixes that might go willy nilly around the map that I want on one hotkey group but do not have the time to look if I have spare ones around.

1 Like