I have the "endless" (almost) loading bar problem too

Hi,

Yesterday the game worked just fine, but today the game isn’t starting. I see a window with a progress bar and the game never loads.

P.S. The game loaded after 20-30 minutes.

1 Like

I have the same problem here!

Hi, try looking up the answer here:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/game-not-launching-after-nvdia-driver-update/1199/6

Didn’t work for me. Also I didn’t update the driver. And the renew command is taking a while to finish. I have lots of interfaces - vpn, for VMs, however my default ethernet is a static IP, so release/renew won’t do anything for me.

What I did is disable the adapter, then re-enable it. Which got me past the loading screen, but then it took the game a while to figure out that I’m not online.

If someone wants a simple way to fix this - try unpluging the LAN cable and then replugging it. It could work.

Started having the same problem today. It’s not endless though, the game finally launches after 7 minutes of waiting.

I also found that using the old fix from a previous report of this issue worked for me too, but has to be manually done each time you want to launch the game:

Open CMD.EXE and run the following command while SC2 starts:

ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

I’ve just got an update … it didn’t fix it. But the icon is now nice and blue instead of black.

You can use my PowerShell script to run StartCraft fast )
Script Here