Game crashes 2-10 minutes into every single Custom game

Game just completely crashes to desktop with only a crash window that give me a reopen selection. Tried playing yesterday and again tonight. Unplayable.

The only thing it gives me after crashing.
808400B8-47DE-4F2A-A48C-B85579AB97C2

1 Like

First of all, we would advise carrying out the troubleshooting steps from our Crash Support article.

You should also delete the maps folder located in the Reforged folder in Documents as this seems to be related to the crash.

I have followed that Crash Support Article including a full reinstall. I just tried deleting the maps folder as you have instructed and crashed within 2 minutes of being in game. Not even an error message this time just game closed to desktop.

My computers drivers are all up to date and my specs far exceed the the recommended requirements.

How do I share this crash dump file with you as I can’t post links(pastebin)

1 Like

You can post those links, also if you can please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

I think I have figured out the root cause of said crashes, at least for this specific type of crashes. It is likely to do with object initialization and reuse. For example if you cast a spell for the first time in a game you might notice a slight lag spike, especially if it is a complex spell.
As a workaround what I did was at the beginning of a game I precast any spell that seemed resource intensive and the crashes stopped.
This might be the same reason why I did not get crashes in the past. I usually play ORPGs and new characters only have 1 or 2 spells. But at max level one can spam cast all immediately after loading the game and it crashes the map.