Unable to launch the game

When I click ‘Play’, the button transitions to ‘Launching’ for anywhere from 1-5 seconds, and then back to ‘Play’ without anything starting up. I monitor Task Manager and do not see any new processes get started. I have turned off my anti-virus in addition to setting exceptions in its firewall for Battle.net and Warcraft 3 files. I’ve done the ‘Scan and Repair’ option. Deleted some files and then let it re-retrieve them via Scan and Repair. My region is ‘Europe’, and I am physically located in ‘Europe’. Game version 1.32.10.18067. I had just installed the game again and have not yet been able to launch it. The Editor also doesn’t launch.

Please help!

Heya Heldt,

The behaviour you are reporting is effectively a crash, just the game is crashing before it can draw a graphics window. In most cases, these are driver related so grabbing the updates will likely help. Likewise, it could be worth closing as many background apps as possible.

If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Hello Mosinathus!

I have verified that I have the latest graphics driver for my GPU, and I restored any control panel settings to the system default just in case.

I have also tried having all background apps closed.

I have attached the requested information :slight_smile:

Update: It’s been fixed! Here’s the solution:

When I turn all of the settings in Windows Security > App & browser control > Exploit Protection Settings > System settings > Turn everything to ‘On by default’ … the game no longer launches.

Having all of these settings as ‘On by default’ prevents the game from launching. Turning them to ‘Use default…’ (which varies whether they are ‘Use default (On)’ or ‘Use default (Off)’ - fixes the issue.

These settings were ‘On by default’ during this whole episode of the game not launching, and I remember it causing an issue in the past as well. I hope this helps someone!

1 Like