[RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames

Fair enough! Sorry for the silly questions, it’s the first time i’m taking charge of a guild and getting involved in anything server related!

2 Likes

Glad to see that RP-PvP is alive and well, I would love to attend with the Seventh but I fear our schedule will not allow it. I’ll make sure to come down on my Night elf or Orc however and get invovled in some camp RP. Good luck with the event, looks awesome!

1 Like

Opening up Horde for 1 more guild. :triumph:

Spread the word, join the carnage!

2 Likes

More trolls please ty

1 Like

Looking forward to this. Those savage elves will be taught the price for defying the hard-won peace.

1 Like

Rules of Engagement

This is restricted RP-PvP with a heavy focus on emotes . So have a couple of Elixir of Tongues (bought in Legion Dalaran) and Cross RP addon installed for maximum enjoyment!

• Flavour abilities are fine to use . Does your character slam down on the enemy? Press that Slam button!
  • No CC , AoE is allowed within reason. If you see a lower level character on the enemy side, just don’t AoE at all.
  • Healing is unlimited , the point is not to bring the opponent to 0 HP .
  • If you are being nuked down calmly report it to the leader of your group who stays in touch with the leader on the opposite side.

Zones & Mechanics

Prior to the engagement both leaders face off against each other with rolls to determine the winner of the battle.
Note: if both leaders agree it makes more sense/more fun to ignore the outcome of the roll battle you may deviate from it. E.g.: the ‘losing’ side fought admirably and get the win in the end.

If you wish to contest a zone a minimum of 10 participants are required! The GMs behind the scenes will work to ensure a fair battle on both sides (with at most 2-3 people outnumbering the other side).
Note: depending on actual numbers present this may change!

In the event of one side heavily outnumbering the other a few RP-PvE scenarios are open to explore (or feel free to come up with something yourself!). See the Points of Interest for details on which zones to go to. Another roll will decide whether you successfully find an artefact of power which can be used the following day(s) to get a +10 to your engagement roll.

FAQ

Q: Warmode ON or OFF?
A: Warmode is OFF, just toggle PvP!

Q: Corruptions allowed?
A: No, especially not those causing damage.

4 Likes

Last minute post i know but is there still room? I’d only be bringing myself or maybe one more. In any case i wish you guys a lot of fun.

2 Likes

As individual? Sure, come on in!

Alrighty. I’ll be there. Just gotta get rid of all the corruptions now sweating

1 Like

Horde propoganda is running at peak efficiency I see.

I totally said that :wink:

1 Like

Indeed!

In fact, opinion polls among a collection of Kaldorei survivors*, as well as samples taken by expert Royal Apothecary Society members, suggest that Teldrassil was an inside job; burnt to justify blatant Night Elf aggression!

1 Like

This tickles me.

Auto-attack
Auto-attack
Auto-attack
Miss
TWILIGHT DEVASTATION RIPS THROUGH THE ENEMY LINE

2 Likes

The irony of a Horde Outpost named Furion’s Post… :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note, I will do my best to be there on this char;

TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT!

We bring the war to Desolace. Participants are asked to gather by 8PM (earlier = better) so stuff can go as smoothly as possible. Let’s have some fun (and kick some behinds on both sides)!!

11 Likes

Having my Troll recover the Mad Mushroom Tauren Hookamal’s body in the aftermath of the first battle tonight and performing a ritual to reunite his spirit with his body has unironically been one of the highlights of my RP career.

3 Likes

Tonight was great fun. It’s been a while since we’ve had a RP-PVP campaign like this!

2 Likes

Teth was happy to help, if left a little scarred by what he saw next…

3 Likes

Thanks again for for helping my crazy cow alt <3 He won’t (I doubt it) charge head-on against an entire army next time.

2 Likes

The first night of battle has concluded!

Summary

The forces of the Horde, around 55 men & women strong, set out towards the borders of Feralas. They were informed of an Alliance presence meant to intercept them, so they prepared for a fight.

A fight which happened near Gelkis Village. In a massive battle where a hundred or so people were involved the Alliance successfully managed to block off the way into Feralas but were ultimately forced to retreat by the Horde. They now hold the area around Gelkis Village.

What will happen tomorrow?

Map

14 Likes

Very enjoyable first night yesterday! Looking forward to fighting the Horde again tonight on my nelf!

Wonderful event so far!

4 Likes