So ... 1400-1600 = 2200-2600 games

It’s deflated a lot more than usual, especially in 3s for a couple of reasons. 1) Season 4 is ultimately a complete and utter joke, lots of people would have taken breaks or are preparing for Wrath. 2) People spend the first 2 weeks or so going for Duelist, for the majority of specs this is easier to get in 2s, so most games played are in 2s.

I’m playing 3s very casually and on 2nd/3rd page of the ladder. Every single game is against full on tryhards, it’s fine though, decent practice. Only 7 people in EU are above 2.1 in 3s right now.

Whats your solution then? The game is probably more dead than ever before. All I meet are r1 title ppl, I dont like it, because I dont have the practice they have, but the other option is to let the ppl keep the mmr, so you will complain about being stucked there and they would be getting free glad/r1 again and again. Both are terrible solutions, but I would say being farmed by them at start is probably the better one. If you get ppl to play with, its still doable. If you rely on lfg as I do, its just pure pain and not worth the effort. So what would you suggest as a solution?

No :joy:, not really.

oh my god you are right lol i just got gladiator at 1.6 rating idk how but i won 50 games and i got mount in my mailbox damn did glad requirements drop for this season that low? :smiley:

1 Like

I remember starting at 1800mmr in S3 when I quit in S1 and now I have 900mmr which I haven’t had since I mmr dumped back in cata :joy:

We’re aware of a bug that caused the current Season to initialize with the incorrect MMR scaling for this region.

We’ve been working on a fix for this, and while we don’t know when we’re going to be able to apply it, once we do, you should see players move to the MMR that you expect for them.

Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for your patience on this.

37 Likes

Thank you kaivax!

2 Likes

Wow amazing. I knew something was off as well

here he is, just trying to cry in the forums, and actually unveils a bug.

1 Like

Or Blizzard had set the inflation while expecting an influx of players queuing instead of the opposite happening, thus causing the MMR inflation to occur slower than normal. But then you can’t of course go out as a company and say “Sorry, we done bad”, because it’s obvious it’d upset people if you admit it was the company’s fault. So it’s easier to blame it on a vague bug while you’re working out the calculations to adjust the MMR to a smoother inflation rate that better fits the participation numbers.

5 Likes

A blue post on the eu forums?!

2 Likes

It happens every few years

2 Likes

appreciated

2 Likes

So we will still have trash bugged mmr until “x”. But now we now its bugged.
EU & PvP = Devs: “Lets take our sweet time while we nerf and tune Karazhan first week instead using all them tweeter mythic raiding nerds feedback.”

You will still have ppl playing lower mmrs they should be anyways to farm conq easyer from us naabis for few more weeks and then their alts :slight_smile:

So this affect on us wont propably be much on big picture but still nice to see something from blizz

I don’t think it is a bug. It is a result of banning all Russians plus participation is low. So they are gonna do adjustments so people can gain more rating and complaints gonna down.

Not sure which one is worst, figuring about the bug month ago or lying about it lol

Not exactly, it doesn’t really matter how many people participate per se. What matters is what the artificial inflation is set to, which, keep in mind, they adjust much more often than what they tell you. So when they set it for a much larger participation rate than what ends up participating, I’m sure you can figure out what happens. And when they set it for much lower participation rates than what ends up participating, the opposite happens. That’s why it gets adjusted so often, to keep it at the “sweet spot” that fits the participation numbers and length of the season.

1 Like

It is the same thing. If participation is low and Russians are banned of course the old algorithm will not work, average developer or project manager should be able to predict that. This is not a bug, this is a failure.

Maybe the guys they are fired were the good ones at their job. It seems company is filled with weird persons which are excited about ducks.

All this sjw things like diversity, feminism etc. may work for Netflix but it will fail in a software development practices.

You’re not getting it, the ban happened a long time ago. That’s not the reason why this season ended up like this. It ended up like this because it was set to a larger participation rate than what they anticipated.
The reason SL s2 was so hyperinflated was because there was an influx of players testing out the Korthia patch and its season, so they had it set to a somewhat slow inflation rate. But then the massive exodus of players leaving the game because of the company’s scandals happened, which led to Blizzard reacting by massively increasing the inflation rate. Which would’ve probably been ok if 9.2 hadn’t been delayed, but due to the turmoil inside the company, 9.2 ended up being delayed, yet Blizzard was still stuck with the inflation that was designed to peak at the original scheduled release of 9.2. So it kept on inflating until they finished developing 9.2 several months after its original schedule.

So that led to 9.2 getting the MMR reset as per usual, and then a much lower inflation rate. Which ended up closer to what is “normal” for a season to end on, especially since 9.2.5 wasn’t delayed like 9.2 was.

So then they set the inflation rate while expecting an influx of players returning from summer breaks (because summers are typically always less active than other times of the year in the game), and expecting an influx of players wanting to test out the “new content” like fated raids and new season, and to gear up more for Dragonflight.

But when that influx of players doesn’t happen in a region where they had designed it to accomodate for more players, what happens is that the inflation slows down much more, especially with the MMR reset. Because it isn’t designed for the low participation rate.

So you see, the people participating doesn’t matter per se. What matters is what the system is designed for at the moment, relative to the participation rate. Which obviously, they miscalculated for this season. But they can always adjust it to better fit the season, which they will end up doing as Kaivax said himself while towing the official “company line” while blaming it on a vague “bug” to avoid the fury of the player base for their bad guess.

Yeah you might be right, I don’t know how those things are worked earlier. But if that is always the case they should be able to figure out this after 4-5 days. Currently they just found about it and there is no improvements yet.

They should have watched it resolved earlier.

It seems they don’t watch and analyze the participation and mmr constantly. So not doing is not a “bug” it only shows they don’t care about it until people complain on the forums or, they forgot about it.

Since they don’t care and focus on PvP too much maybe they should charge us half of the price. Since we always treated as second class citizens why we are paying same sub price with PvE players?

1 Like