Anima Rewards Increased

Since we increased Anima drops a few weeks ago, we’ve seen a lot of feedback that obtaining Anima still feels as though it becomes too difficult as you progress into the later tiers of the features of your Covenant. We don’t want players to feel as though spending 10,000 Anima on a feature upgrade is ever the wrong thing to do. The heroes of Azeroth have made a great impact in the Shadowlands, and continuously defeating the Jailer’s forces should make Anima more plentiful.

With hotfixes that have just gone live in all regions,

• Three new Achievements have been added for upgrading all four of your Covenant Sanctum features to tiers 1, 2, and 3.
  • Anima rewards now scale upward when you earn each new Achievement for unlocking a tier on all four of the features in your Covenant Sanctum.

Now, when you upgrade all of your Covenant features (the Adventures system, transportation network, Anima conductor, and Queen’s Conservatory/Ember Court/Path of Ascension/Abominable Stitching) to tier 1, you’ll receive an Achievement and see all uncommon and rare Anima rewards increase by 1 Anima item. This means that after you hit tier 1 on all four structures, a World Quest the previously rewarded 4 Anima items worth 35 Anima each (for a total of 140 Anima) will now reward 5 items for a total of 175 Anima. When you upgrade all four Covenant features to tier 2, that same World Quest will reward a total of 210 Anima, and with the tier 3 Achievement, it will reward 7 Anima items, for a total of 245 Anima.

The new Achievements will be granted to player-characters who already have the required Sanctum feature tiers when you next log in, and you can start earning the additional Anima immediately.

As always, thank you very much for your feedback!

17 Likes

That’s come outta left field… and not before time, might I say.

7 Likes

you really need to up the anima rewards from m+ again, 105 anima for a 15 is just lol

8 Likes

IKR?

I expected them to ignore anima rates until the final patch of Shadowlands (when most people have moved on.)

2 Likes

My DK is seeing 4’s & 5’s as rewards, now so…

does this work on the anima we get from raids/m+ ??

1 Like

Ok so now that people have realized that outdoors content is worthless you give them an anima buff to keep them busy but still don’t buff M+ rewards more, 30 mins for 105 anima is riduculous.

Edit: I spoke too soon, you get +35 anima in M+ per upgrades rank.

3 Likes

You can keep re-running the keys though

This is a improvement for the casual player base who don’t take part in the big three (rated PVP, M+ and raiding.)

wow from where did this come from!? I love positive unexpected changes, thanks!

2 Likes

And why shouldnt normal people that also do m+ have their rewards upped? Because a 30 min key that is “spammable” gives x amount of anima already?
a wq that takes like 5 minutes to do now gives almost 3 times the amount of anima that a high level key does

4 Likes

The first “how ever many did we need to do in Dg. week” Dungeons my DK ran were all M0… 'cos I was too ‘scared’ to run the while levelling & didn’t wanna do Normals w/ 190+ iL in case I got ridiculed for being over geared…

2 Likes

I think they’ll adjust it after they see how this plays out.

But M+ and raiding did get a massive anima fix each respectively a couple of months ago, so fixing the PVE casual side was par for due course.

They couldn’t just leave casuals in a drought mode.

1 Like

ah yes thanks for the 70 extra anima every raid boss and m+, massive change

2 Likes

I didn’t even know you COULD get Anima from Dg’s… at all.

2 Likes

It’s not account wide.

4 Likes

This is great news. I finally did my last upgrade this reset. I look forward to earning more anima towards all the cosmetics.

4 Likes

The Anima gain boost…? Nope

I still got “18 mths” for that… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Take it mythic and you do. Dungeons are quick to do and if you get into M+ seriously your gear stacks so high you’ll make light work of even the highest tiers, making it easy to sell boost runs.

Ya it’s so easy to be hesitant about getting into dungeons beyond heroic. People become so twitchy about timing and strats its easily off putting.

Trust me… I’m the LAST person you want in a M+ Group - if there’s anyone g’teed to die, it’s me.

1 Like