Classic Content Unlocking in December

Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley will open in WoW Classic the week of December 10. At the same time, Elemental Invasions will occur in Kalimdor, with Blazing, Thundering, Watery, and Whirling Invaders appearing in Un’goro Crater, Azshara, Winterspring, and Silithus respectively.

We’ve been following the deadly deeds of the Classic community closely over the last week as the Honor system sparked an impressive amount of World PvP on PvP realms, and we’re excited to see what might transpire over the next three weeks. Nonetheless, like many of you, we can’t wait to charge into some battlegrounds, so we’ve detached this content unlock from the plan we previously announced. Blackwing Lair and Darkmoon Faire are coming in early 2020.

We’ll have an exact timestamp for this content unlock to share with you in early December.

See you there!

104 Likes

Much appreciated and much needed!

Well done Blizzard!

23 Likes

about time

6 Likes

Ah, finally the topics about how AV 1.12 sucks will come back. I liked these

16 Likes

Damn, I was hoping that each BG would get it’s own release date.

Thank you!

3 Likes

So, people started crying that they can’t kill anyone and now world pvp will die because everybody will be sitting afk in cities queued for BG :slight_smile:

14 Likes

How arrogant do you have to be to believe that losing a 1v10 fight is about being a bad player?

54 Likes

invite for korrak

3 Likes

Probably above 8/10 close to 10. :grin:

Still 3 week of no leveling and please put Korrak in AV lol think about faction queue and free faction change for the faction in the queue too because half the pvp server are screw and will snowball into something worst.

4 Likes

Yaaaassssssss, etc

2 Likes

Thanks !!! Finally some pvp i can do as deep prot warrior :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh yeah what might happen? People leaving because they cant play outside of instances, 90/10 balanced servers, more ppl leave, people complain about dead servers, more leaving? So exciting

33 Likes

Good thing !

Though too bad the Alterac Valley will be the emasculated sh*tty latest version instead of the one which gave birth to all the legends about it.

And too bad that Blizzard stayed deaf about the outcry to have the proper 1.8 version implemented, despite their abysmal record at being right when plowing ahead while being warned by the community beforehand…

10 Likes

I don´t think I will ever see a BG queue :slight_smile: So not really worried about that…

15 Likes

I’m not arrogant at all. I’m just sad that blizzard listens so carefully to classic players when they want something, and meanwhile when everybody wants retail to be changed they don’t do anything. The thing about BGs is that I wanted them to come with phase 3 at least next year. I’m playing solo world pvp, yes I do get ganked by 10 people, but I still enjoy it. Sadly when BGs get released all the world pvp will die

6 Likes

Okay, I meant that no one will be in the open world, everybody will be stuck in cities

1 Like

Maybe leveling and normal pvp playing will be avaible again

21 Likes

3 Weeks of no leveling or playing.

Too little too late at that point.

16 Likes