110 level boost - need help

Hey everyone.

I am back in the game after playing until Wrath of the Lich King. I already boosted a character to level 110 and got him to 120 through quests of BFA. Still trying to get reputation with quests in order to progress through the War Campaign and at the same time doing normal dungeons to get some gear.

I am feeling kind of lost though. Is this what I am supposed to be doing? Am I supposed to do the Legion, WoD, Pandaria and Cataclysm quest lines at some point? Should I start doing them now? I assume I would need the Legion ones to unlock flying there as well? Or should I focus on World quests and completing the War Campaign + better gear?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Just focus in this expansion- catch-up all things in this expansion. Work on BFA flying.

Previous expansion stuff you can do later - when u will get bored.

Welcome back!

There are many things you CAN do, several you SHOULD do, and nothing that you absolutely HAVE TO do, and what you might want to do depends on what you will enjoy, but I’ll lay out a basic pathway for you anyhow.

Your ilevel is 286. Below 310, the world is pretty rough at 120. Above 310, it starts to get better, until 340-360, when it starts to become easy. Of course, as a hunter, things will be easier for you than for some classes, but nevertheless it must feel slow right now.

You should aim to be ready to catch up when 8.2 hits, which is maybe? six weeks from now?

You CAN do Legion, WoD, Pandaria and Cataclysm quest lines at some point, but you have plenty of time to catch up with that. By all means do it when you feel like it, especially Legion and Draenor Flying if you want to go there, but everything will be easier with more gear, so start there.

So your priorities are:

1. Get gear, at least up to 360 or so, which is pretty fast.

You will do this through World Quests and Normal Dungeons for now. Do every World Quest that shows a gear upgrade. The gear rewards from WQ increase with your ilevel, so when you have ilevel 320, they will show rewards of 320-330, and when you have 350, they will reward 350-360, more or less, up to 370.

Especially do the Emissary quests (4 quests in a zone) when they reward loot, since they reward better gear. Don’t get too picky about stats yet; the game at this point is to collect ilevel so your rewards from WQ keep going up.

You can queue for Heroic Dungeons at 320? I think? You’ll see them appear when you become eligible.

When you hit ilevel 320 look out for Warfronts, which will appear on your map when available. Your map should show the status of both Warfronts at an icon near the ship south of Dazar’alor. Each is available about one week a month.

• Stromgarde requires ilevel 320 to get in, drops 340 every time you complete one, and a 370 the first time for completing the quest.
  • Darkshore requires 340 (I think), drops 355, and a 400 the first time for completing the quest.

You can spam them when available to gear up.

There are weekly quests available that give good rewards too.

Here is a longer guide to gearing:

2. Get some work in on your BfA Pathfinder Part 1, which is the achievement you will need for flying when it comes in 8.2. It’s a pretty jumbled laundry list of things to achieve.

This page shows your progress:

Here is a guide:

So: your focus should be:

a) Get to ilevel 350-360
b) Work on the laundry list of random stuff needed for flying in 8.2

You will also want to work on collecting Azerite to power up your Heart of Azeroth, and rep with the Champions of Azeroth, because you get +15 ilevels at Friendly, Honored and Revered. But don’t grind it specially - catch up becomes faster every week, and you will get there soon enough.

Once you have achieved that, you are pretty much stabilised.

You can look at doing Looking For Raid if you like that, and for some gear, and you can start looking at Mythic-Plus Dungeons, if that’s your thing.

I think I’ll stop at that level for now. That’s where you want to get to. When you get there, we can talk about the next bits. :slight_smile:

If you have any more questions, or need clarification, please ask again!

Here are essential sites to get you going:

Quests, items, guides:

Class build and rotation:

Addons:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons

Azerite Trait choices:

YouTube channels I recommend:

Bellular for general information, news, and guides

Taliesin and Evitel for giggles

I see MadSeasonShow has a gearing guide. He’s solid as well.

Everything possible is on YouTube somewhere. Here’s a search for BfA guides:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bfa+guide

just plug in a specific word to narrow it down to a subject and you’re good to go. :slight_smile:

Oh, and here’s an overall guide to catch you up since Wrath

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.