WoW Classic and Honor system – A message from the dev team

Message from Pazorax:

" I know the honor system can be frustrating, and even more so if it feels like you’re not getting credit for your efforts, so I wanted to post and let you know we are looking at people’s honor for the week, and so far all the checks we’ve done indicate that honor was calculated correctly this week .

As we mentioned before, our data repair job on Monday caused the “This week” totals to display an inflated value for the rest of the day, and that appears to explain a lot of the confusion we’ve seen so far.

We also know that some players confuse “estimated honor” with actual honor (estimates don’t account for diminishing returns), or confuse honor with rank (honor is earned from kills, rank is based on your relative standing within your faction). The honor system is slow to progress you through the ranks, even in the best case, so many of these reports aren’t a case of the honor going “missing” as much as they’re a case of an unforgiving system giving you less progress toward a rank than you were expecting.

In addition to being based on your relative standing within your faction, your progress to the next rank also slows down as you reach higher ranks. Achieving the same standing each week won’t award the same amount of progress toward each rank, it awards a fixed percentage of the delta between your current rank, and your current standing. It is actually impossible to achieve rank 14 in less than 12 weeks, and that assumes that you’re the top player on your faction for every one of those 12 weeks.

Those are all intentional behaviors, and are not bugs, but they can all contribute to a feeling of difficulty progressing through the ranks.

We also see reports of missing kills when you’re playing during the daily reset job, and we’ve checked that too. In fact, I just checked right now, on some of the people who reported errors in this thread, and last night’s job did calculate their honor correctly. Those kills are still there, its just a display issue, and they’ll show up on the next day’s daily report now that the underlying issue is fixed.

We are continuing to investigate, but at this time we don’t see any problems in the week 3 data. Once we conclude this investigation we can move on to investigating the problems that occurred during week 1 and 2, and we’re beginning to do that now.

Thank you again for your patience as we work through these issues."

25 Likes

Right on, cool

" I know the honor system can be frustrating, and even more so if it feels like you’re not getting credit for your efforts "

Made me chuckle when all I can think about is the gaggles of horde zerging single alliance. Credit indeed.

30 Likes

More like:

…getting outnumbered and hardly outskilled."

25 Likes

I also think most horde are not aware of this rofl they corpsecamp the same people way beyond the full DR for unjustifiably prolonged time

7 Likes

Why is this the most nonsensical, confusing ranking system in any game ever? Really.

1 Like

Its annoying you look into honor yet mention nothing of servers and imbalance.
I rather bad honor system tbh and have better servers.
Can blizzard please i imploy you stop ignoring the forums and paying customers please.

15 Likes

I believe after being killed 4 times, you grant 0 Honor. I do find it a little perplexing when a Peon camps me 8+ times like they often do. Not a lot of brain power in those thick heads of theirs.

6 Likes

What ? Nothing about the overpopulation/umbalance (Non over-populated servers like today was a big part of the good rememberance of the wpvp climate we have from vanilla).
This is the cause of the impossibility fror some factions to do mundane pve things in the world.
So what ? Go PvE ? The problem is really in this overcrowding status. Even on a PvE pow That is not healthy…
Have you think at this particular problem ?

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure the honor is just a bonus for these players.

6 Likes

Because it was one of the first in its kind and designed like 15 years ago? Just a guess…

9 Likes

This is a copypasta done by the EU-English CM team, from the US forum most likely. Especially since the quote mentions “this thread” even though this quote started its own thread.

But yeah, people have estimated a lot of false assumptions on the honor system without understanding its finer details, most likely due to influencers telling them things and some stuff is just based on private servers guessing stuff.

2 Likes

There are equally old games whose PvP systems were much more entertaining, like DAoC. The PVP in WoW does not incentivize faction vs faction, I mean the PVP fights obviously do, but the system itself does not. If anything it causes fights within oneself’s faction, ninjaing kills, stealing brackets etc.

Thats just wow player mentality these days.

If its not go go go its gimme gimme gimme

1 Like

That’s factionist and i’m offended.
Alliance does the exact same thing yet you keep spewing this hatred everywhere you go.

Good to see a blue post on a classic issue tbh. The impression is that there’s only one person in a tiny back office dealing with all this content whilst the retail people live it up in the main office.

Just to give some balance in all the Horde does this and that rhetoric. Does the Alliance ever actually pick a fight with anyone not already in combat with quest mobs? I can’t actually remember the last time I was attacked when at full hp and not already fighting something. Oh wait a sec, maybe that also happens to Alliance players too…:bulb:

We hear you guys! addresses problem no one cares about

9 Likes

Seriously blizzard? The game is pretty much unplayable on pvp servers for the faction there’s a faction unbalance against and this what you decide to be sympathetic about? Please tell us on what your plans are to fix the situation if BG’s doesn’t do enough to distract the dominant faction on each pvp server from camping all the questing sponts and dungeon routes.

7 Likes

If you don’t like hard mode go easy mode.

We can only hope they open pvp->pve transfer when bg don’t reduce the world ganking.

5 Likes