Are we able to Skip Teirs?

Hi Guys

I’m level 65 Prot pally who is doing mining and blacksmithing.

I was BS level 300 before I headed to the Borean Tundra and was able to learn the initial recipes, which I saw had a BS range of 1-75.

My question is, do I need to max out my BS skill to 75 for this map before I can learn higher level recipes in the next expansion?, similar point regarding mining.

Cheers
Steve

In the past it used to be one giant bar, with the max just getting extended out with each update.
With the release of Battle for Azeroth, each expansion got it’s own skill bar, it’s own progress.

Classic goes to 300
Outland, Northrend, Catalcysm, Pandaria each go up to 75
Draenor and Legion each go up to 100
Kul Tiras or Zandalar depending on your faction goes up to 175 now since the Rise of Azshara update.

This makes catching up to current tiers as you put it a lot easier, you go to the trainer for the expansion you’re in, and you can get started without having to go up through all the old content, some of which may be very hard to come by materials for now.

You can certainly go to the older ones, if you have a gathering profession to match your crafting then you can collect the mats you need yourself and collect all the things :smiley:

Are the issues with “The Blacksmith” mob in Stratholme and the blacksmithing plans it drops still a thing?

I remember you got some blacksmith plans from looting the paper on the ground that spawns the skeleton mob, but you needed blacksmith at XXX level to actually loot it.

If you completed the quest beforehand, you would never be able to get the plans, because you can’t click the paper without the quest.

Hi Tizakul

Thank for your taking the time to answer my question in such a clear and detailed way. I now understand that I don’t need to spend my time levelling my BS skill in previous expansions but can instead focus on continuing in the most recent. I think this is an excellent idea within the game.

K

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.