1.13.6 warlock bug fix question

“Resolved an issue that caused partial resists to Damage-over-Time effects to snapshot for the entire duration of the DoT effect”

Now I’m quite surprised to see this changed right now since I’m the guy who reported this bug MONTHS ago. Nice

I still have one question about DOTS (because I couldnt find legit vanilla source about it yet):
Should DOTS be subject to resistance check UPON APPLICATION ?

Meaning: when you cast a pure DOT at someone, should there be a resistance check for the DOT application itself (like for any other spell), or should it be guaranted cast (not taking into account the chance to miss which is related to spellhit).

Me (and some others) have been wondering that since early pservers. Would be nice to have a confirmation.

ps: right now, it does NOT, which mean even if your target has 300 shadow resistance, you can cast curse of agony freely at him.
Only once this is done, the (partial) resistance check will be applied to each tick (after 1.3.6 patch)

1 Like

You’re asking complex questions. We’re playing for free and devs volunteer a lot of their time trying to provide authentic experience. But such subtle issues obviously require a lot of research and preparation to resolve. Give the small indie company just a few more years.

On topic: I have no clue, but I suspect it could be poor wording, and “zero-th tick” (the application) is going to trigger a resistance check.

EDIT:
I’m also not sure about the PARTIAL resistance formula.
I have done tests with me having 315 SHADOW RESISTANCE (cap)
I’m barely seing ANY partial resistance on dot ticks.

for example,
1 full duration sw: pain:
8 ticks
1 25% partial resist
0 50% partial resist
0 75% partial resist

2nd dot:
8 ticks
0 partial resist

3rd dot:
8 ticks
1 25% partial resist
0 50% partial resist
0 75% partial resist

4th dot:
8 ticks
0 25% partial resist
1 50% partial resist
0 75% partial resist

Something is off no? we are talking about full cap shadow resistance. Barely ANY resist happening

(for direct dmg like Mind blast, or non dmg like fear, resist rate seems normal)

PvP cap is 300. 5x enemy level.

oh ye, I had more just to be sure:p

Any response about my point would be appreciated:

1- Shoud dot application be submitted to resist check ? (right now it isnt)
2- Can blizzard confirm the partial resistance is correct for Dots ? (almost zero partial resistance happening on 300+ resistance target)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.