Vintage Players

I have often seen people asking in the forums for guilds or communities for older players or the more politically correct term, mature players!! These enquiries do get responses, but mainly it is a guild recruitment message saying why X may be the guild for you. I have thought about this for a long time and have searched the forums and looked at guilds that seem to offer a fair representation, but few seem to accurately ‘fit the bill’. Whilst browsing the forums I read a post where someone said “I would like a guild where I don’t need an urban dictionary open so that I can understand what my fellow guildies are talking about”, it struck a chord and made me laugh, so if you feel the same way then read on.

I believe there is a significant amount of older players out there, I am speaking of 35+ up to whatever age, there is no limits to playing. I am speaking of a community for the older players who love WOW but have limitations to what they can achieve, whether that be through family commitments, work, infirmity or just being that little bit older and slower these days :slight_smile:

So rather than changing realms or being faction specific, I am wondering if anybody would be interested in such a community? I personally think the looking for group tools killed the social aspect of WoW and chased a lot of players to Classic, but for those of us who remain in retail, an age bracket should not mean that you cannot have a community of friends to group/play together, make new friends, do t-mog runs, mythic+, pvp, chase achievements, raid, pet battle, whatever it is in game that you love, or even just chat and meet new people.

I am hopeful that there is some fellow ‘oldies’ out there who would be interested, if so I would be happy to set this up and we can start the New Year with a new community. Remember we are not old, we are vintage :slight_smile:

I hope that 2020 brings you and your families/loved ones all that you hope for.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response, bnet Sienna#1501

I’m not old…I’m chronologically gifted :face_with_monocle:
Happy new year ! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Happy New Year Mattock, hope it brings everything you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am very interested in such community.
ouch, my back…
:smiley:

I play mainly Alliance.

1 Like

Hey, Ternezia thank you for the response and Happy New Year. Please add me on b-net , would love to chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy New Year! Will do :slight_smile:

So we are now 3 strong, calling all you older players out there looking for that place, Please do get in touch

I count 4, but I was probably unclear on my intent with my post.
My communication skills have always been a bit puddlefish.
I have sent a request to Emje anyhow!

2 Likes

Hey Mattock, sorry I missed you was afk a short while, welcome aboard I am looking forward to chatting with you :slight_smile:

Not quite ready for a walking stick yet but i would be very interested in joining such community

Hi Bigmender, please add me on b-net would love to chat :slight_smile:

I laughed so much at this, cause i have to google words all the time after i got back into wow :joy:

Hey Sinaaki, yeah it made me laugh too cos I do the same, thank god for Google right? :slight_smile:

We would love you to join our community if you are interested though :smiley:

How did we even manage before google? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea, would hate to have to do without it now :slight_smile: Sorry our messages crossed paths before, or my edit did :wink:

It’s always lovely to chat to people and we have had so many nice response it gives me faith that there are people out there who feel the same. If you are interested in joining the community, please don’t be afraid to add me if you want to chat or ask questions :smiley:

Hi there,
I send you a friends request on b-net. It sounds like a great way to meet others with same game “limitations” :slight_smile:

Our little community is growing we are now 8, I know this doesn’t seem a lot but I know it will increase with time. If you are interested but don’t want to post on the forums, that’s okay just add me on b-tag I am happy to chat to anyone and answer any questions/concerns they may have. Thanks for reading and have a great day of gaming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is what I have been looking for.
I hope u don’t mind me adding your bnet?

Hi Huiduhr of course I don’t mind, please don’t hesitate to add me. Our little community is now 12 and we are all chatting and playing together and more importantly, having fun in game again so (shameless bump here) if anybody is interested, please get in touch :slight_smile: