12000 queve estimated time 7 hours+

Came home from work. ive been playing on this server for about a year now. Was in good spirit was gonna start my wotlk journey today and got the big old queve in my face. 12000 players in queue and time is 14.30 in sweden.

That u blizzard even let transfer to gehennas be open during the summer was an absolute mindblowing move. Our server was already at the brim. And then came the firemaw people that serverhopped around with free transfers and ended up in ours, filling it over the top. u had months to prepare for this, and u managed to crack the egg just a little bit more when it was closing in on release.

For #$"! sake implement crossrealm and reverse the damage u done take some effin responsibility. We are paying customers buying a damn service. U are not handing out favors to us, this is not some godamn charity u do. Youre the industries biggest company and yet u treat the customers like we were ungrateful whiny kids that dont deserve the attention. Lets all just go 3 apes mode and the problem will go away they will forget about, we can just gift them a vanity pet and its all good. We can call it “i survived the queue achivement” Reward three monkeys holding their eyes heads and ears. All goooood.

Do something your customers demands it. Every godamm gamer magazine and website is writing about your complete customer failure. have u no self respect ?

best regards from one of those absolute fools thats been here since wow classic was just wow with pixel graphics.

12 Likes

Have fun! :heart:

thanks. I cant even comprehense how in the holy hells im supposed to “or anyone for that matter” raid in this fashion with a guild. if anyone of us manages to login 20 others will be locked in a queue. People whine alot about sr and gold dkp but i mean seriously, its gonna be the only way to experience this amazing expansion since they run 24/7, u can just pick one and go. but to coordinate 10 or 25 people to be logged in around 1900. that will just never work.

1 Like

Even airports treat you better when the plane is delayed…that says something …

3 Likes

Yes.
You can sit cozy on a worn out chair and wait for the plane to arrive.
Wait… No they don’t! :eyes:
Waiting always is lame.

Absolutely agree with OP, Blizzard need to make something about this realm RIGHT NOW. Handling the situation has been exceptionally stupid, even for them. I really don’t care about the excuses they gave us that they cannot do anything about it cause the infrastructure did not allow it and other bla-bla. They had everything under control and let it slip away. So they have to fix it.

If cross realm/connected realms is out of the question. (As tbh it should be as it goes against the spirit of classic) A very easy fix would be simply to implement free transfers for every server all the time. Effectively removing it as a “paid” service.

This would instantly fix the problem. As people could move servers now, and if their destination server dies later down the line they can simply move back when the queues are no longer an issue.

The problem is nobody wants a “free transfer” (rightfully so) to a server that will be dead in a month only to have to pay money to get back to a populated server. Not only this, but people have guilds established on servers like Gehennas, and moving that entire guild back collectively would cost hundreds.

Like everything else, this situation has been deliberately engineered by Blizzard to maximise profit through the flight of players back to populated servers when the server they “free transfer” to inevitably dies.

No doubt someone will reply to this stating something along the lines of: “but allowing people to move servers freely will cause x problem or y issue”. But please, consider the current 8-hour queues that exist on Gehennas. In what universe is any retort to what I’ve just said even slightly close in importance allowing people to play the game without waiting for 8 hours?

I agree with both your statements:

• Being able to freely move between realms will reduce the fear of people of getting stuck on a dead server again
  • Blizzard will not do this because they will lose a ton of money

Case and point: I was stuck on TenStorms and paid 100$ to transfer 4 characters on Gehennas (in 2020, before free trasnfers) now I am unwilling to move to a new server only to have to pay 100+ $ again when it becomes dead.

1 Like

Thing is the gigaservers are here to stay, they will not go anywhere, we have an insane amount of awesome communities driving SR raids gdkp raids premades of all kinds. And for me personally its the perfect deal. Im not 18 anymore when me and my friend lived together in a apartment with old potato pcs and crt monitors. Got family now and not so much time. even less considering these painful queues. And to even think i would somehow make this work with a guild at appointed hours is absolutely out of the question so giga server. 24/7 raids that u just hop into whenever is awesome.

in my opinion blizzard should just split the server in three pieces, and then smack em back together with crossrealm. For me i would accept if they just came clean and said "ok we messed up. servers might be down for a few days but were gonna fix it. And i would be ok with that. Aslong as the end result fixed this massive issue.

Reverse crossrealm originating from Firemaw. and Implement crossrealm

1 Like

I somehow like the idea of splitting up megaservers and making them crossrealm to eachother, and when one “shard” dies down blizzard can just merge em back together

Here’s an idea, split megaservers into X servers (can be 4, can be 10), enable free transfers between all X serversfor 15 days. People will group naturally based on their community (friends, guild, etc). If a server becomes to crowded then people will migrate again until a balance is achieved that takes into consideration both player communities and population density.

1 Like

Right, im assuming you think blizzard hasnt already thought of all this? If it waa possible they will have done it by now. The community is to blame for this one. 1000%.

No ifs and buts. Firemaw horde moved from a semi balanced server and i was dead set against it when it happened. But people are sheeps. It only takes a few now here we are.

1 Like

No they wouldn’t. As keeping the queues in the current state maximises profits further down the line. Thats literally the only thing they care about.

And how is it doing that exactly? Thay have offered a solution which stops them from having to issue a refund. Thats literally the only thing. But people just wont and arent moving. Complaining about low pop destination servers. All it takes is a few to say you know what? Im moving. And many others will follow.

Exactly like what happwned in firemaw. Then those low population servers will be very well populated. But no. Lets all stay and complain. Much easier.

As long as you don’t play with friends the game is zero. That’s why many give up the game.
So blizar has to understand that with those Free Char Transfer is far from the best solution.
This is not a single player.No player no money. People are starting to not trust Bliz.
They will lose a lot of player.

Opened up my WoW at 14:47 … It’s now 22:36 and still have a 30 min que, it’s great

3 Likes

They discussed this in retail regarding draenor launch to fix the continous collasping of the server every expansion release.

The community uproared against the concept and it never took place.

Blizzard also tried merging servers which created further uproar due to fluxuations of primary languages spoken and the disparity in alliance and horde of each server being different.

The problem is:

Everyone wants to be on the identical server, to maximise how fast it is to get groups to do raids and more.

But wants no queues.

Everyone wants everyone on the same faction to again maximise how fast it is to get groups and do content.

But we also want equality in popularity of both factions.

You cant fix this conundrum, blizzard have alrsady stated the reason phasing exists on live is because mega servers arent faciliatable on WoWs current frame due to the age of the game.

No matter the solution there will be uproar.

The only real solution is to simply create a max player quantity and lock seevers when they reach it, but again people uproar to that idea also as we saw in the prepatch

Problem is made even worse by players “holding” on to their spot during the day by AFKing until they can actually play…can’t say that I blame them though…logged in 1300 hrs and the queue was 5 hours. Half an hour later, its still pretty much the same @ 5 hours. Rate of change in position is extremely small

1 Like

My playtime this week was like:

Home from work around 17h, log in, queue until 23:00 , play 40 mins, shower, sleep, go to work, repeat

1 Like

I’ve been in que since this morning, at 10am UK, I was 12k, I have team viewer on in work at I’m atm and now sitting a 7k at 3.30pm, I don’t get how it can be this much of a que