120k bots banned. I dont trust

I did my check in every single server, and they are still there, in all dungeons farming with their DK’s, so this:

Is absoluty bull**** if i can find more than 50 dk’s inside any kind of dungeon profitable.

Thanks btw, but its not enough.

8 Likes

You should probably abstain from posting in the future if you somehow managed to conclude that banning any number of bots and bots still being present in the game are mutually exclusive events.

Don’t believe it for a second, the botting situation is absolutely insanely bad and we all knew this with the DK removal of 55 character to unlucky…

/spit blizzard

1 Like

120000 * €13 = €1.56M/month, which is most likely the salary of their whole support department so no, it’s not 1st of April yet.

English version.

btw this doesn’t stop the other god knows how many other bot accounts from going on.

2 Likes

Well, 120.000 bot accounts banned but how many bot accounts are there overall? It would be a good start, but I doubt that anything against bots will follow for at least half a year.

4 Likes

Dont know if this is true but if you look on PVE servers they have got from full to high pop

wow community: blizzard ban bots pls
blizzard: ok we got them
wow community: stop lying you never ban bots

Dunno about you guys, but I didn’t see a single DK bot in any of the 8 bgs I played tonight :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Maybe at 2050 they will code something to detect and ban these automatically, like how hard is it to ban someone that mines ungoro 24/7 and gets stuck on stones with it’s mount? Or the rogues that pickpockets dungeons all day long? Does it take a genius?

1 Like

Not sure if I believe Blizzard either, but it’s a step in the right direction. Atleast this means they’ve finally acknowledged that we have a huge botting problem.

ye 120k bots removel yet so many remain yuck

Why do you believe the blue post? Blizzard routinely lies in their announcements. Please note they didnt specify how many of those “malicious accounts” were in Classic, nor how many of them were bots as opposed to some other unspecified “malicious activity”.
Get it through your heads. Blizzard lies.

1 Like

That explains why it is so “hard” for blizzard to combat bots

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Boosted paladins and druids bots are incoming

1 Like

Well it’s at least increased cost. Won’t scare botters but at least will take some time for them to turn profit. DKs were basically free.

Fits the conspiracy nicely except for bot masters knowing the accounts are temporary and the fact bots cant get drunk and impulse buy plushies and other assorted pixelated junk from the Blizz store.
Real accounts are worth far more to Blizz than bot accounts.

This banwave method of theirs hasn’t changed in years, neither have the conspiracy theories.

I’m guessing we will see level 70 boosts within now and two weeks?
120,000 x 50 = $$$$$$$$

As other people have said, I still see the DK’s farming on my server.

1 Like

I’ve stopped playing WotLK last month and moved to Classic Era, but following today’s news regarding the banwave I’ve decided to log on Earthshaker, after the maintenance and the results after 1h are:

• 3 Battlegrounds, no BOTs.
  • Swarming 80s BOTs in Botanica, most are DK, but there were some paladins and a druid.
  • 58 DK BOTs in Borean Tundra and Dragonblight

As a sad side note, I came to check how the BOTing issue is but was shocked to see the chatted filled with GDKP runs, so I will return to Classic Era, despite my clear love has always been Wrath of the Lich King. :disappointed_relieved:

you think you’re smart but you post on wow forums in your spare time

Its pretty weird that since they said they banned 120k OVER THE WEEKS some people just go and check the game out like it magically changed over the maintenance. Numbers are numbers, but atleast the 55 level requirement for DK characters is a good move. Small rare w for blizzard this time.

First character I saw after logging in was a DK bot farming and skinning. Second character I saw was a druid bot herbing.

Mhhhhhh. At least there’s fewer in BGs now (there are bots for all classes, not just DKs. Especially paladin bots seem prevalent).