Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game. With the next regularly-scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, players who have earned a given Rank 3 Essence on one character will be able to directly obtain that Essence from MOTHER on any subsequent characters.

When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character, most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha. These Echoes can be brought to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, and exchanged directly for eligible Rank 3 Essences. While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.

Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal. We’ll have additional details in a forthcoming hotfixes update that goes out around the same time as maintenance, but we wanted to let the community know ASAP that this change is in the works.

As always, thank you for all your feedback on this topic!

16 Likes

Finally !!! Thank you

1 Like

That currency is dropping from everything and most likely will become a joke like the legion one.

1 Like

So you want to solve the problem by making a new problem lol, I don’t understand what is the goal behind that currency. Also this update is really too late, and Shadowlands is coming out soon by the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 months is soon?

5 Likes

Genuinely don’t understand the harm in just letting us get them on alts without any other troubles.
I understand there should be some kind of a restriction so it’s not “tOo EaSy”, but another currency? For real?
We didn’t need another currency with our Artifact Power if we did our research part, so why do this here? Can’t we just enjoy something for once?

It’s said to come on or before Dec 31st. Not at all that soon.

4 Likes

I’ve read in somewhere that It is going to be released in November, but that’s not the point, The point is why Blizzard always make us grind for something we already have earned.

We at least have another 6 months. Maybe more

I agree, I was just pointing out that it’s not coming out soon. If you go to the in-game shop, you can see that it says the approximate release date. It’s most likely going to release before that, yes. After all, that date is supposed to be the worst case scenario. Though I’d prefer to wait instead of having a new bug-filled expansion.

1 Like

I’m glad for this change, but I honeslty don’t know how I feel about it being blocked behind ANOTHER currency. I don’t want to sound unthankful, but is Blizz ever able to give us something without it being a kiss-curse situation? We already have plenty of stuff in this situation. Just make them automatically availble please.

Anyways, let’s wait for further details

2 Likes

I had to read this a few times before I quite understood the implications.

So yes, it’s another currency grind for our alts. No, we can’t have those essences now and as such we probably don’t feel confident jumping into M+4 with our black-empire gear.

However… at least the currency will drop from things we are normally doing. At least we are not pushed back to 8.2 rep grinds in addition to all the 8.3 content.

Obviously we don’t know yet how long it’s going to need to unlock an r3, but it is at least less of a state now, and a step in the right direction.

So thank you Blizz. Thank you for at least meeting us half way on what seemed like a red line issue for you.

But I’m still going to try to persuade you that the right answer is no essence grind for alts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That was likely speculation. Not a hard fact. My own estimate is 2021.

This new change sounds good and hopefully done right.

Thank you for doing this , but as always you have to put another layer in just to save face. Lets hope the drop rate on the eyes is better than the shreads of insanity.

Thanks a lot Blizzard, I used reverse psychology to convince people we don’t need account wide essences so now we got them. 10 Claps

This. If you do all these things that give you currency you will eventually get the essences in any case. Maybe we should wait for more details because as it is right now it doesn’t make much sense.

so basicly account “wide” essences are not acocunt wide… they will be acc wide in the moment i log on my alt after weekly update / reset and bam they are there, all of them i have on main … but no instead of this lets just make another grindy thing
i bet it is gonna be something like for 1 essence you need 2000 currency that drop only from myth chest / 100 per week from m10 key and then you spend 2K currency on random generated rank 3 essence… if you want specific essence … you need 10 000 currency
GG WP

one grind changed to another grind… that is not account wide … that is just another sub time milking

4 Likes

So most of the game is going to be trivial for fresh 120’s with geared mains? This is like heirlooms for max level. Way to screw over new players.

No, we’re going to have to farm currencies in order to get an essence.
It’s not “heirlooms” and it’s also not “given away” - we need to farm.

On the topic of Heirlooms, they’re one of the greatest things. I’m sorry if you’re a new player, but I have a bunch of alts and I cba leveling slowly. I think people deserve speeding up the gameplay if they have a bunch of characters at max already.

“Speeding up the gameplay” for fresh 120s is basically heirlooms for max level. I don’t have BIS heirlooms on my main. When I’m competing on a fresh alt I don’t want to have to compete against other fresh 120s with BIS heirlooms. All this does is triviliaze most of the game for them and screw over new players.

So, BFA’s “Wakening Essences” are finally coming, was about time ^^