"Shadows Rising novel makes one of the most popular fan pairings canon," according to BlizzardWatch. (Spoilers, obviously)

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/07/07/fairshaw/

Are you excited? I’m excited. My current hot take is that Flynn is the best thing we got out of BFA and I loved the in-game interactions he had with Shaw, so as a huge fan of romance I am keeping my fingers crossed here.

7 Likes

Though I don’t play Alliance all that much I love Flynn so I’m very happy to see this. Hopefully it means we’ll see more of him in the future as well.

3 Likes

Flynn should die! He is guilty of the crime of piracy and thus should be hanged publically as per Kul Tiran law.

Thank god Valeera is safe.

Pretty sure it’s going to be Thrall and Jaina.

Wasn’t Flynn interested in Taelia during Tiragarde questing? I’m pretty sure that it happened.

Oh well, can’t wait until Golden, Afrasiabi, Danuser and the rest of our beloved writing team reveal that us, the player character, were lgbtqai+ all along.

2 Likes

Bi people exist, him showing interest in Taelia doesn’t outrule him being interested in Shaw.

EDIT: confirmation from the guy who wrote for him that Flynn is, indeed, bi https://twitter.com/_DonAdams/status/1280622957442686976

As for Taelia, Anduin and her seemed to get along pretty well too, so there’s that.

6 Likes

I think that one is weird. Flynn was obviously into Taelia. I find it odd that he would give up on her like that.

1 Like

Yeah, normally this would be really bad writing, but considering it’s on the lgbtqa2si+ spectrum, we have to celebrate it I guess.

4 Likes

It’s really getting out of hand this “representation” stuff imo.

Yeah. I expect in game pride parades with 10.0 at this point.

1 Like

Well, pirates were known for intimate relationships with their crewmates. Nothing new there.

2 Likes

What’s with this weird obsession of the writers to suddenly ship everyone and everything?

I have the feeling that this franchise is slowly turning into a romantic comedy drama show for 40 year old women.

1 Like

So, we will have this RainbowLands, but what about ordinary couples?
In 15+ years we had only 3 weddings (Thrall+Agrra, Tyrande+Malfurion, and those no name dwarfs).
And from those 3 couples only Agrra had a child…

Blizzard need to add more ordinary couples also. Let Tyrande have a child. Let for example Shandris and Jarod become a couple. e.t.c.

1 Like

It’s not my favorite ship but mostly because there wasn’t that much interaction between the two in the game.
I’m more of person what needs at least some more “Well hello there~” interaction between characters before I start shipping them. :smile:

But I look forward to the book, so far sounds pretty interesting.

So a gay couple is not a normal couple? Be careful with your words.

Alas, I do agree that this couple in particular seems a bit forced. I thought Shaw was interested in Valeera and Flynn seemed interested in Taelia indeed. But well, perhaps we’ll get an explanation. There was some chemistry i guess.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest. I don’t like it at all. Fans should never be involved in the creative process like this. Keep that crap on Tumblr.

1 Like

With emphasis on we have to.

1 Like

I’d like to point out to you that Blizzard is marketing their games in Eastern Europe, Russia and China. In these areas (actually, I’m Eastern European) people may have a different worldview about LGBT issues.

If Blizzard embraces multicultiralism, then they have to embrace our cultures, too :slight_smile:

As for myself - I don’t mind if they put one or two gay couples, if it fits into the lore. So far I’m looking forward to read this book.

3 Likes

Nobody needs to embrace discrimination and criminalization of minorities, not even if some governments in eastern europe and russia do.

5 Likes