Purchase a 6-Month Subscription and Get a New Mount!

Purchase a 6-Month Subscription and Get a New Mount!

Add a truly metal mechanical marvel to your mount collection with the fearsome new Steamscale Incinerator mount, available now for purchase in-game and from the Blizzard Shop. For a limited time, you can also get this spark-breathing robo-terror with the purchase of a 6-month subscription.

View Full Article

6 Likes

Free mount for me

2 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn:

2 Likes

thats crazy bro

First trashgnomes and now trashdragonsā€¦ Greatā€¦

6 Likes

I would prefer mecha-Jaina mount instead, even though I dislike mechanical mounts, this one would be unique and interesting at least.

A mecha dragon, Iā€™m in love :heart_eyes:

Same here, it only sucks because it always takes a couple of days to be delivered to people that already have a subscription.

2 Likes

That would have been the perfect reward for the mecagone meta-achievement ā€¦

14 Likes

seems like sub numbers are beyond the garbage again

3 Likes

Whatever helps keep your subcount up for the drought I guess. :roll_eyes:

Same here, logged in just to see if it was already there but Iā€™ll have to wait then.

Itā€™s great and allā€¦ but why continue to ignore customers who subscribe to the game with the use of tokens? Subscription of many players is running out in months or even years from now, yet they get nothing. Not only we generate you more money, but we also actively help in fixing all the mess that Garrison mission table caused (itā€™s not enough to put up expensive vendor stuff, someone need to have in game gold to buy it too).

Subscribing for six months with tokens gives Blizzard around 100 to 120 euro - compared to recurring subscription at 65.94ā‚¬ itā€™s quite a big difference, donā€™t you think? Iā€™m personally not a rich person and need to be careful with what I spend my money on. Knowing that I actually help Blizzard earn more money (than I would with paying real cash) by simply playing the game and buying tokens is positive feeling ā€¦but knowing that in times like these (sub mount promotions) Iā€™m being shown middle finger is saddening.

I also think that previous ā€œ6-months subscription mountsā€ should be grandfathered to anyone who have been actively subbed to the game for the last 2 years.

1 Like

gives Blizzard around 100 to 120 euro

No, it does not give them anything. It takes gold out of the economy (which is good), but no revenue that is measurable.

Token-Payers are not ignored. You can convert more tokens into money and simply buy the mount for that. It is explictly NOT subscription exclusive.

I also think that previous ā€œ6-months subscription mountsā€ should be grandfathered to anyone who have been actively subbed to the game for the last 2 years.

Well then they would stretch out these ā€œgiveawaysā€ (for lack of a better word) to one every 2 years. It is there to:

a) generate revenue (see above)

and

b) Encourage people to subscribe for a longer period at once (which is basically just ensuring that revenue for that amount of time and keeps them engaged)

I would personally not mind seeing those more often or cheaper, but WoW is a game with active developement and that needs to be paid.

1 Like

Seems like it to you.
They do this every 6 months to reward people who keep playing the game.

3 Likes

No they do not do it to reward peopleā€¦ .

6 Likes

Iā€™m not paying for a 6 month sub when the last patch was 6 months ago and the next patch is 3 - 5 months away.

Mate I recommend you learn a little about business before writing such a long post with nonsense.
Blizzard could not care less about how much Token players pay them compared to subscription players. Every business cares more about a stable flow of income more than anything which is why Blizzard offers discounts if you buy longer subscriptions. They want to be sure that there will be money coming in in 2 months, 3 months, 4 months because it helps them plan ahead. Big companies like Blizzard care only about achieving their income goals and nothing else. Blizzard does not care about how many subscribers it has or if you like their game. The very most important target is to achieve the income target they set every quarter. Their CEO and his board of directors get paid just to create budgets and estimates of whether they will achieve those numbers and that is why they value subscriptions more because it shows them how much money they can expect to get in the future. With Token players it is impossible to know whether someone is going to be buying Tokens or not as these numbers can fluctuate significantly.
Please just stop crying and buy the mount from the store if you want it so badly. I find it sad that begging has become such a norm in this day and age. Back in the day begging was completely unacceptable in any scenario and today we got kiddos sitting in front of a cam having no problem asking for donations and handouts. If you cannot get this mount move on with your life instead of crying about it.

1 Like

What you want a Magā€™har dragon? Iā€™m not sure how thatā€™s going to work.

Well nobody is forcing you :slight_smile:

Well we could always pull some skins over that trashgnome drakeā€¦ could that make it look the part ?

1 Like