My account got silenced in game without reason!

mod delete plz!!
:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Did you make someone angry recently?

Clearly you got reported for spam ( most likely anyway ) by a lot of people so ā€¦ yeah.

Not to point out the obvious, but clearly you have been reported.

Why? I canā€™t say just from this post (especially if it was only twice like you said).

Hopefully your appeal will get through, but at least itā€™s only 24 hours.

Judging by your previous forum posts, youā€™re not the most friendly guy to be around. Did you by any chance insult someone?

I mean you trace it back to the trade chat thing. But maybe it was something different? One of your previous topics was about people being bad in mythic+ and that you leave these groups. Maybe you said something before you left that could be taken as inapropriate?

7 Likes

Maybe you advertised the previous day for selling boosts.

I said this to another person who was in game silenced but Iā€™ll repeat here for you:

As far as I am aware it takes minimum 5 reports to action the auto silence and then it is reviewed by a GM, they should then take yhe appropriate action (either remove it if you did no wrong or extend it if you broke rules)

You say here you posted twice looking for an item in trade chat so either 1) you posted twice in succession and people reported you for spam (donā€™t agree with that btw) 2) you posted more than twice and are being a bit dishonest here (doubt that one personally I like to give people the decency face value belief) or 3) people suck and report for silly reasons even when trade is being used for trade.

Hopefully a GM reviews the reports before the 36hr ticket time and sorts it before the 24 hrs is up, I wouldnā€™t even bother with tickets for in game silences tbh it just clogs the system even more and the silence will be over one way or the other before they get to it.

Infact, it may already be finished if you can post here as I thought you were barred from forum privileges tooā€¦

2 Likes

Maybeā€¦ there was a reason? I know its silly, but the System will not silence you just for lulzā€¦ :eyes:

could also easily be, that as you say there is lots of boost spam, people clicked your name instead of the boosters, it can happen

2 Likes

Yes! A person of culture!

I doubt many people would report you for that OP.
Unless there is a squad of trade chat vigilantes mass reporting people and you got hit by mistake.
Either that or youā€™re hiding something from us.

1 Like

Pretty sure we dont know the full story here

2 Likes

I can post here normally. Which is very strange.

@Fsefssesf: Silence is purely in game, it has no impact on forum posting.

Of course there was no reason, accounts are silenced for absolutely no reason all the time, same as people get kicked from dungeon groups for no reason and Blizzard bans accounts for no reason.

Itā€™s done to force you to make a forum thread whining about there being ā€˜no reasonā€™.

3 Likes

Well if there is a reason they will inform me. I am waiting for their reply.

I wonder if they can compensate me if it was a mistake done by their automated system.

You will probably just receive ā€œAbusive languageā€ as the reason since people would just abuse the report system which would just silence your account for a period based on the number of clicks received.

By the time your appeal was read by some admin, it could well be a week has passed. So, I would say not to bother.

1 Like

there is always a reason - sometimes stupid one :slight_smile:

i got for example 24 hour silence for listing my WF groups as "big Dā€¦ dps only " :slight_smile:

guess people will small ones got offended :0

2 Likes