17 years old bug

One would say that 17 years after release, 8 expansions later they would at LAST fix the bugged combat state. I hate being stuck in combat and the bug has been here since day one.

I am looking at you incompetent Product Owners :wink: (if you even know what scrum is at blizzard)

14 Likes

they can’t fix it that would require a brain that blizzard simply don’t have :stuck_out_tongue: the upgrade is 99.9 $ and that’s just to rich for bobby’s wallet

2 Likes

Yeah, the gnome race is still playable !

3 Likes

They will fix it for you for only 999$

Look for a critter. There are quite a few effects that can “hit” a critter, but do no damage. Critters will run away from you once agroed. So somewhere just out of your range, there could be a rat that was offended by your presence…

6 Likes

Not to be that person, but often the things that are the ‘‘simplest’’ bugs are also often the most difficult to solve, especially if they are old.

Just imagine, stuff like the combat bug is now under 17 years of spaghetti code, the jump-disconnect bug has also been reported for at least a decade, but sometimes solving stuff like this would be an insane headache.

Just look at a lot of source games, they have tons of bugs 10+ years after release and when people ask them to ‘‘just fix’’ it they don’t realise the amount of stuff that surrounds that bug.

3 Likes

90% of the time due to you hitting a critter somewhere, the other 10% a mob that just doesn’t reset its aggro…

How hard is it to remove a critter being able to aggro you, or having aggro reset completely after a set period if neither has attacked? :expressionless:

3 Likes

Doubt Blizzard follows conventional coding practises of the past decade for such an old game… wouldn’t like to see their Frankenstein coding with dozens of coders applying layers upon layers of code on top of itself. :confused:

1 Like

this is usually the culprit in these spaghetti code scenarios, imagine how many coders have worked and left blizzards offices, everyone with their own style of solving problems, some leaving notes on their thought process, some not, yeah it gets out of hand very quick and at a certain point you just cba and you either live with the bug or you scrap the whole thing

Maybe if they made critters not damageable this would be less of a problem. It’s very annoying for stealth classes.

1 Like

Was there a 17th anniversary event I’m not aware of?

‘Feign Death’ is awesome… just saying.
:innocent:

1 Like

Who wants to burn one of their get out of combat cooldowns on a bug though?

1 Like

Tbh, it doesn’t happen to me that often and I can’t remember a time when it caused a cd issue in wPVE… generally that is caused by realising that I’ve FD in a totally unsuitable spot, which has just delayed the inevitable due to mob density and/or AoE splash…and may even require two corpse runs to rectify, if I’m not really, really quick with ‘Camouflage’.
:grin:

1 Like

From my experience FD doesn’t always cure that. You do still act dead but don’t drop it. Shadowmeld sometimes won’t do it either.

2 Likes

stuck in combat is not a bug it was added to the game deliberately and can be removed if blizz had half a mind to remove it but they dont so they wont

Roll a night Elf, problem solved :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

Seriously though, give me back my soul flame so this feature won’t bug me as much.

If it’s not a critter causing the problem, nelf/hunter doesn’t solve the problem. not even mage invis, greater invis work on it. The true combat bug where you go across an entire zone still in combat is what I think of when I hear ‘The combat bug’.

But yes, combat bug, disconnect upon landing drive me nuts. Been a problem with disengage, goblin gliders, dropping off flying mounts… It’s the worst when it happens in arena.

I know there is a bug where you stay in combat even if you forcibly close the game and logg back in. Its rare though.