Class Tuning in Progress – January 13

We’re testing some adjustments to underperforming classes that we intend to make with weekly resets (on January 13 in this region).

Classes

• Death Knight
    • Blood
      • Bone Shield grants armor equal to 70% of Strength (was 50%).
    • Frost
      • All damage is increased by an additional 2% while a two-handed weapon is equipped.
  • Mage
    • Frost
      • All damage abilities increased by 9%.
  • Monk
    • Windwalker
      • All damage is increased by an additional 2% while a two-handed weapon is equipped.
    • Brewmaster
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • All damage abilities increased by 8%.
  • Warrior
    • Fury
      • All damage abilities increased by 8%, except for Bladestorm and Dragon Roar.
      • Meat Cleaver talent now increases Whirlwind’s damage by 25% (was 30%).

PVP

• Players will now drop PvP flags if they activate Podtender (including Temple of Kotmogu orbs).
    • Note: this fix will be applied to the live game as soon as possible, before the weekly reset.

As always, the changes above (with the exception of the Podtender fix) are a work in progress, and may differ before they go live. We’ll have the final tuning noted in our Hotfixes Update post next week.

4 Likes

Making duplicate threads is against the forum rules. A thread to this topic already exists.

47 Likes

oh snap, good eye :joy:

1 Like

Please somebody insert why would you say something so controversial yet so brave meme, thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Violation of the forum rules has been detected.

Please note that your post is currently in violation of the rules of the forums, specifically, it is a duplicate post of another thread based upon the same topic.

5 Likes

weren’t the warriors complaining about arms spec?

Let him/her settle down - he is new :joy:

3 Likes

If this is an updated thread why don’t I see any changes to SV or BM hunter added to the list? Tuning is sorely needed for those two specs, and alas, they’re ignored.

I understand the community at large doesn’t play SV, but that’s no reason to ignore the spec. If you don’t intend to tune them properly you might as well rework the spec or remove it. I really enjoy SV hunter, please give it the love it needs.

7 Likes

Am I missing something or is this not exactly the same as the previous list. Nothing new on this one so pure duplicate?

5 Likes

new guy i think.

2 Likes

You legit didnt change a single thing XD

Why is destruction warlock not considered in this? We’re down the bottom. We need aura buff like frost mage got. (and it still will not be enough) So?

3 Likes

Why you ignore havoc DH? 1.2% arena representation.

Because your 2 button class should never be good in PvP.

6 Likes

Imagine being a destruction warlock right now FeelsBadMan

So true, very true. DH is 100% a PvE class for lore nerds.

1 Like

Firstly for optimal damage Havoc requires more then just 2 buttons. If you ever played it in BFA where you had RNG generator, RNG Refund on spender, RNG soulshards on the floor form Chaos Strikes to catch for Eye Beam CD reduction and for 30 fury and if you step wrongly you overcap and lose damage (an in emergency situation you have to remember that they are your emergency heal).

Also you have to keep Blade Dance on CD for maximum damage (meaning you have some Fury saved up) but you have to postpone it if Eye beam comes off CD because you want to have 2 Death Sweep during Demonic window or you lose the damage. And you also want to have immolation aura on CD and you should preplan Eye Beam to be fully channeled (hello quaking, knockbacks and random swirlies on the ground) or you lose all the bonus haste from Furious Gaze and ungodly amount of damage and cooldown reduction to it.

With all cooldowns being reduced by RNG mechanics and/or haste (which changes constantly with eye beam windows which also RNG) to do optimal rotation and maximum damage you had to be on your toes whole time.

I wouldn’t call maintaining this pace easier then say Arms Warrior rotation.

Problem was not in complexity of the rotation thou - but in borrowed power when most of you damage comes from RNG procks (and DH are really good at procking because they’r build in high haste GCD locked class) you could’v been mediocre DH and still do good damage.

Anyway - main issue is that class that have only 2 specks and only 1 DPS spec just can’t afford to be bad at any piece of content it’s fine to be mediocre you still can compensate it by you plyers skill if you dedicated enough but if spec being godawful like it is now - no on will even give you a chance.

P.S. You can’t just say “2 button speck hurr-hurr” unless you really tried to play to its max potential.

3 Likes

Spamming chaos strike with 100% uptime on the target isn’t exactly hard.
In PvP, DH is nothing more than “windwalker for dummies”, sorry to say.

1 Like

Bring back focused attacks, remove snd. Return blindside, gouge, burst of speed etc. Buff poison damage back to what it used to be, remove shiv/toxic blade increasing poison damage that damage should be baseline.

and the 8% buff is going to be trash, that is not what is wrong with the spec. The overall lack of knowledge seems to be the biggest problem, go look at earlier iterations of assassination and try to understand why those worked and why shadowlands version does not.

Wotlk ramp up time much shorter even when having to deal with hunger for blood, and you removed that ability because it was boring. (yet you brought back snd in a much more boring state then hfb ever was).

3 Likes

Don’t bother. Small indie company fixes things like that. When it comes to nerf they are masters of % dmg and abilities and talents. When it comes to buff here your %5 or %8. Buying shadowlands was one my best mistakes. Surely won’t happen again and i discourage my friends who think to return.

2 Likes