25 million subs incoming

The sale will be done in 2023. And likely only then will they start planning for such a thing if they are going to port it to consoles. Wich is going to take time as well. So don’t get your hopes up about microsoft doing miracles anytime soon. If anything WoW should first stop the bleeding of players and regain them on the pc. Microsoft might not even do anything big with WoW if it is already dead by the time they take over the wheel

I’m a total tourist at this stage, and exactly what they sell that design to. I might have a look at the last patch, curve the raid on heroic if there is a nice mount for the last raid, level a few alts on rested XP through dungeons (mostly as a tank or heals), and then unsub again.

There is only so much grind you are eventually willing to do when you begin to realise it is a never ending circle. There is always another piece of gear you need, another rep to grind, no matter how good you are you will be continuing chasing the carrot on a stick. And the older you get the more you get to the I’m just going to have some fun with the main content for a month or two and leave the repetition to those with too much time on their hands.

I’ve been playing since 2006, hardcore on my US account for LK, Cata, and Mists, guild got older, guys left, and I’ll just keep popping in for the nostalgia. And the nostalgia quickly wears off once you get through the main content, see the raid, and hit that repetitive grind.

1 Like

I’ve been of the opinion that WoW could do with losing a few MORE accounts/players - for a few years, now - to get back to a higher proportion of the players left being those that are more comfortable with the core concept of WoW being a game that NEEDS you to be happy to invest time in it.

Seriously… if the time that WoW feels like it’s asking you to commit to it is outside your comfort levels, you’re the masochist for staying & whining about not being happy…

1 Like

That depends what level you want to play at, the grind is there if you want everything optimal, and that takes lots and lots of hours invested in WOW. If your not playing at a high level then a couple of months is plenty of time to see the content and wait for the next Xpac.

This is great news i love everything from microsoft,my last purchase was a xbox pulse red wireless controller,the xbox battery and the xbox wireless pen for my pc along with forza 5 , every game from microsoft feels so polished im hyped !!!

People are coming back already, FOMO :rofl:

Yea, ppl will have access to the game, but they will not play it unless there are huge and i mean HUGE changes. Ppl try the game, but they leave, because their experience is garbage. Just SL things…

Xbox players coming to WoW means free HK’s from left and right. Hopefully they roll Alliance side.

if wow is coming to gamepass without own subscription model they have instantly 25mio subs ^^

i played wow in its heyday and they had troubles with too many players trying to enter raids and dungeons with long queues the levling up was a nightmare with hundreds of players trying to get the quests done blizz never allowed for so many players now it suffers from lack of players in this sad thing called shadowlands

only thing it will achieve is blurr the lines for investors to really tell how many of these “so called subs” actually actively play wow.

i honestly … think microsoft shot themselves in the foot by buying activision/blizzard…

they should of just let the company die… unless they plan to bleed what little talent is actually left into other areas of the company then disband it… then fair play to them.

maybe then pass the franchise which they would now own onto other more focused and less criminal hands.

Oh he isn’t the only one, and not just about 10.0…

too much coping

Those 12 million Xbox players won’t stay for long when they find out that they need to jump through 500 hoops to start playing the end game. Not to mention all of the time gates. They need to totally change their philosophy on borrowed power and content that wastes people’s time. Certain people in charge of making the big decisions are not fit for the job and need to go. The acquisition would be a great opportunity to put WoW back on top but Phil can’t fix the game. We need people in charge at Blizzard who are aware that the decisions taken for the last few expansions have mostly done harm to the game and they are dedicated to fixing it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.