2hand or 1hand+shield Shammy solo questing

Hello there…

Have now atlast taking the step into the time machine :-P…

Maked a Ench shaman (now 13),

running with a staff atm, but i wounder if shield+ 1 hand its better for solo questing,?

if i remember right . 1 hander as ele at least. Fast weapon

My personal experience lvling a shammy.

I took elem talents, and played like an enhance sham with 1h+shield.
When you get to 30, then go 2h with WF. Just getting to this point is painful enough, and full elem isn’t as viable untill 35-39 when you get the cast speed reduction.

Long story short, I specced Elem 1-60, played like an enha till 35, then pew pew’d the rest of the way.

id say get a slow 2hander… when WF procs, youll knock everything into high heaven.

oh… have a few intell pieces of gear in your bag, when hitting dungeons everyones gonna expect you do heal.

the woes of a shaman!!!

gL

As a resto sham, I enjoy shield+dagger with wf. Dagger has proc on hit, which makes wf even more fun, because in the most lucky case, in just 1 hit I can get 3 boosted weapon hits + 3 weapon procs (each does 110 to 140 shadow dmg in my case). More weapon speed means more wf procs per minute which in turn means more weapon procs per minute. If anyone can explain the reasoning behind “for fast weapons use rockbiter or flametongue not wf” please do it.

PS: I switch to different gear for healing in dungeons

If your using a fast weapon, you do more damage with flametongue than windfury, especially if your resto and have very little attack power. Windfury scales with your attack power, Flametongue scales with your spellpower.

use both depending on the situation.
1h+shield is better for certain encounters whereas 2H is better for others.
once you get Ravager from SM the 2H starts taking priority, assuming you know how to use it in regards to WF procs (hint: cancelling the spinning results in a WF proc 7/10 times, as long as you let it spin for at least 1 hit sequence)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.