2PC / 4PC wishes for 9.2?

Hello team,

as sets bonus are making a returning, what ideas would you have for 2pc / 4pc ?

I wish that at the very least, those bonuses offer us some variation in the gameplay.

Here is my take on it for elem :

2P : maelstrom cap to 120, earthquakes / earthshocks cost reduced by x maelstrom
4pc : when the fire elemental is out, you gain 2%(3% ?) dmg per 10 maelstrom you have(or you are missing idk) up to 100

What are your ideas ?

My only wish is that the resto tier set bonus isn’t purely a healing bonus. Cooldown reduction on the covenant ability would be great as a 2P bonus, for example.

2pc: Casting earthsock or earthquake has a chance to put Shaman in Elemental Overload state that increases maelstorm generation by X amount for X seconds. Cannot occur more than once per x time.
4pc: Can cast lightning bolt and chain lightning while moving

:slight_smile:

2P: Increases healing of chain heal by 250%
4P: Reduces mana costs of chain heal by 50%

Yes this is the old chain heal back! :slight_smile: new chainheal is :poop: just like the dev who made this change.

Typical blizzard move: take away perfectly normal spell. And then bring it back as borrowed power.

Shaman is now all about HoT’s and :poop: while we were about hard hitting healing spells. If I want to play a HoT style healer I would go Druid or Mistweaver. Please just have some difference in healing Blizztards.

Nah, the problem of Chain Heal is the speed. By the time you end your cast 3 other healers have already made their pink parses with instants. It must be twice as fast to be worthy the effort to push the button. Thats why Chains of Devastation are so much fun.

As PvP player I like the bonus as it is at the moment. I don’t know if I like a shift towards Earth Shock. I understand that concerns are mostly comming from M+ players who would like to play Earthquake legendary but it seems next patch Skybreaker’s Fiery demise will be better in M+. I’d say basically set bonus doesn’t buff our AoE that is fine overall but it buffs our single target while playing Skybreaker with Storm Elemental.

The only thing I might ask for is maybe that when Fire Elemental is up your Lavaburst spreads Flame Shock to nearby targets (like Legion talent).

For Enha I don’t like the fact it’s based on Feral Spirits. I’d prefer something about spreading Flame Shock so we may consider Fire Nova a thing.

For resto… Well as M+ and PvP player you never use Chain Heal so whole set bonus is useless. I’d like it buffing Chain Heal and Healing Wave/Healing Surge.

As an M+ player, I’d like if it buffed our covenant ability or something, so that it isn’t a pure healing bonus.

Which covenant spell do you mean? Since I’m mainly PvP player I use Necrolords and Primordial Wave.

Your currently active one. Something like, “Your covenant class ability is 10% more effective during Ascendance”, or something along those lines. My wish is that the tier set bonus wouldn’t be a pure healing one, is all. Don’t really care how it improves my damage, as long as it does, and is based on abilities I actively use in M+, and results in a measurable increase.

So not like the brewmaster tier set bonus, and more like the holy paladin one.

It’s your Lava Burst deals 20% more damage. It’s basically your key source of damage in PvP. It changes Fire Elemental into serious cooldown. You don’t use it for 50 sec Flame Shock and extra dot but for bigger damage. People will have to respect it so basically it doesn’t just increase your damage but gives you greater cooldown. Considering that you play Skybreaker’s Fiery Demise in almost every comp besides Ele/Fire/Healer and the fact you get Necrolords Legendary you will have Fire Elemental way more often. Add Control of Lava PvP talent and it might end with 1,5 min. big damage CD. I actually like it a lot. If you line Stormkeeper with Fire Elemental you will have insane burst.

You also can’t make a legendary based on Ascendance as it’s a talent and not everyone plays with it.

Anyway I don’t think that 1 set bonus for every content works because you play specs different in different content. For example you never cast Chain Heal in PvP as Resto Shaman. Forcing Resto Shaman to press it doesn’t make it particularly stronger unless he plays meelecleave vs meelecleave

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.