2x problems if any gm would help

1st when i’m playing wow retail? everything is fine, but when i’m playing wow classic, the second i launch teh game i get message “the color scheme has been changed to windows basic” why is that? why does it only happen in wow classic & Not shadowlands?

2nd in wow classic i don’t have any animation if i’m using bandage or if i’m capping flag in Arathi Basin (my character freeze) at first i thought this only happen on my screen? but some people reported to me that they also see my character freeze without any hands/body animation if while i’m casting bandage, this only happen in wow classic, it doesn’t happen to any of my characters on retail as i’m super fine playing shadowlands.

Are you using windows 7? If so I believe aero can turn off if you’re running low on memory.

yes i’m using windows 7 but i have 16gb of ram, and Aero turns off the moment i launch classic wow, while i it doesn’t at all if i’m playing shadowlands.

can this be due my wow classic files are corrupted or something?

Chronormi is almost correct.

It means that Windows thinks you are running low on GRAPHICAL memory.

Some have resolved it by changing which DirectX API is chosen. Have you tried that?

I logged wow-classic checked game options > advanced > graphics api it was on Directx 12
I logged retail checked game options > advanced > graphics api it was on Directx 11

i changed wow classic to Dx11 the problems was solved!
thanks alot for your answer, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Note: it was not memory issue, cus while running the game i checked task manager & it show that i have 9gb free memory.