31st Oct, 3rd, 4th, 5th Nov

All days with login issues, I really believe you need to consider reimbursing game time - relatively small events all adding up in to a quite a large amount of down time.

I would like to know what was the issue. Was it DDoS attack? Because usual “we are sorry for incovinience” when the issue is gone is not enough. Some real answers please.

1 Like

If you read the terms of service, they actually don’t have to reimburse gametime.

They don’t, won’t and have never given reasons for downtime. To do so would be broadcasting to everyone where miscreants can attack to cause most damage. What do you feel that you need that information for anyway? How will it change your life? It won’t. The only thing you need to know is “Server up” or “Server down”.

1 Like

I’am starting to have enough of this

This has been going on all week and has seriously effected my experience playing the game.

Sometimes i can’t get logged in to the game
Then suddenly I can but my friends list won’t load and i can’t chat with anybody. Now my friend is whispering me in game and I can see his messages but I can’t even respond to him.

Look it is beyond frustrating, I hope you guys can fix this soon but it would be nice to get an update of what the cause is of all these issues. And if it keeps going on much longer I would seriously like some form of reimbursement from your part because it is seriously not ok that this has been dragging on for almost a week now. A couple of hours or half a day is something else but it has been everyday now since sunday that I find myself just incapable of playing this game and that really is not ok !

1 Like

More information is always nice it makes people more sympathetic towards the problem if they can understand it.

You can give people more information than just server down or we have problems without exposing all your technical details.

Like I would like to know is this something they have already found the cause for, do they know when it will be fixed or are they still searching and might we be facing with more days of having this problem. I sure as hell would like to know that instead of coming online every day to find out if the game is playable or not.

And if they can’t provide me with a playable game for serveral days in a row but they are charging me game time I would seriously like some form of compensation.

Never said they did have to reimburse but given the ongoing problems this gesture may go a long with some people!

This is rubbish. There’s been numerous occasions where they have stated they were under DDOS attacks or something similar.

Example - https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1170767507927515137

that Link is from 2 months ago, you are not suggesting that every single time these servers are down its an DDOS attack do you

Learn to read.

That guy said Blizzard never ever discloses the reasons behind server issues.
I gave him one example of many occasions where they do just that.

Its Blizzard’s daily quest, thought everybody knew

I saw a Blizzard employy statement somewhere that it is an issue internally, with their servers. Of course not guaranteed to be technically accurate, but it sounded like saying it’s not a surrounding network issue like DDoS.

Yes, they downgraded them.

Smart move.

It is embarrassing enough (but no harm to their rep done, hah) that Gilneas (worgen starting zone) has been totally-unfun-level laggy for a long time.
(I haven’t checked whether it still is, but it was so apparently consistently over many weeks.)

Last time when i tried to make a worgen it was lagfiesta, 1 month ago max :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tried again and totally unsurprisingly Gilneas is still laggy. It has been worsr at times, but looting and quest access is annoyingly sluggish.

2 days ago i made a worgen on Argent Dawn realm and it wasn’t laggy! it was pretty big surprise :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. Dunno, maybe it depends on the home realm of the char. I tried on Magtheridon, with is a highpop realm.
I assume Argent Dawn is a high on jpop realm. (Or is that Silvermoon?)