Drustvar..magical and beautiful ?

is it just I or Drustvar for me is one of the so far nicest places in the whole WoW game? it kinda reminds me Darkshore and that mystical environment just gives me goosebumps. I really like the idea of Witcher 3 and its really awesome place to level now my druid.

10 Likes

At the beginning of BfA I hated Drustvar and mostly tried to avoid it. It had a couple of places but generally I wasn’t fond of it. That is until I played through Alliance story there (because well, my main is a Hordie). Made me really appreciate the zone and now it’s one of my favourite zones in BfA.

8 Likes

Didn’t Dk have a special quest with a dragon there ?

If you didn’t do it yet , you may like it

I hate Drustvar. Everything about it. So no, it’s is not magical and beautiful for me :smiley:

1 Like

you call it magical and beautiful…I call it creepy and scary
those pig-men give me nightmares

1 Like

lmao well idk I find it someway beautiful. That’s weird, right ? :rofl::rofl:

I loved Drustvar in the Beta and it was the first zone I chose to level up after release. I love this zone.

2 Likes

In a harsh, rugged untamed sense I suppose it was, with the mountains and deep forests.

It’s certainly a darker tone, with the coven’s ruthless expansion, which appealed greatly to me. Just finished it on my ally dk, and am torn between “wow that was awesome” and “alliance bias!”. I’d gladly trade any number of orc cgi scenes for a zone like Drustvar.

my favourite BFA zone, it’s the first I do when leveling up alts…

I really like Drustvar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

my man :smiley:

love the area and agree it gives similar vibes as darkshore,but one thing annoys the hell out of me is that cricket like sound or some small bug,it is everwhere you go,it seems to be too loud and stands out too much,no big deal i guess but annoying non the less.

Both the zone and musics are very very beautiful. I love how it feels like haunted village. I like Zuldazar and Voldun better though. But in the end there is no zone that i don’t like in this game.

2 Likes

There’s a special version for DKs.

Drustvar is a masterpiece of a zone. Not only is the gameplay of the zone hitting all the right marks, but the entire aesthetic of it and the design melds so well together. The story has some interesting themes as well on the Alliance side. Waycrest Manor is an instance that is actually fun to do too.

I am not at all creative enough to know if there was a formula applied to Drustvar, but I hope Blizzard reuses that formula for zones in the future.

5 Likes

Witchcraft

Missing people

Brutal rituals

Tortured victims

Cult of the dead

You’re right. Such a lovely place full of joy and happiness

1 Like

Definitely a personal favourite of mine. I love the original Wicker Man movie and it certainly has quite a few nods to that throughout.

Cut some capers, man! Use your bladder!

2 Likes

Although the horde zone are more diverse, imo the alliance got the better ones this time.

Drustvar is imo the best leveling zone ever created and Stormsong valley is stunning. Blizzard really hit the mark this expansion for the zones.

I like all the alliance zones more than horde ones but Drustvar isn’t my favourite: Stormsong Valley is.

Still not gonna level an alliance toon though.

Only gripe I have with Drustvar are the sense of that the whole Alliance story campaign in the zone are a worthless effort. It feel like we made no progress at all. After reinstating the Order of Embers, It whould had been nice to see some more active changes to the zone itself… What we instead get are acctually the opposite.

If you go there without doing any quests, It looks the same as when your done with the campaign(except from two flightpoints).

While the main quests are ongoing however, the zone itself adjust to reflect all steps we take… Less mindcontrolled soldiers, less wickermen, less witches etc. Then after finnishing up the final quest, It’s like Gorak Tul are back at the pinnacle of his power and all the story we went trought got erased.