8.2: Dazed through shields

Trample could add more immersion that the current state (scenario B) can. Most mobs would have no chance surviving being hit (let alone run over) by a beast large enough to carry a well-equipped adventurer. Yet, in favor of “immersion” they are not only able to survive it with no scratch but to also dismount the player. It would make sense in case of elites as those are to be bigger threats but 99% of creatures in the game just make this seem like total nonsense. Not to mention the relativity of hitbox where a NPC can hit (and daze/dismount you) from way farther than what their melee range is.

If daze was the case only when running actually THROUGH a pack of mobs - to the point they are close enough to realistically hit you - okay. When I run between mobs, I make sure I maximize the distance between them yet they are somehow able to catch up with me going at 220% speed.

I agree with this. Low-level mobs are still way too sensitive to high-level players passing around them. This is not annoying just because of potential daze but also creates a situation of being potentially stuck in combat in case of pathing issues. There should be some point where your level (and possibly gear) makes it way too obvious for creatures to not try. That’d be an RP element as well.

I can say I tried when there was a chance (PTR stage), unlike many players who only complain when it’s too late. Even if it leads nowhere, I can say I tried.

Yeah but now you’re completely changing the tone of the message :stuck_out_tongue: You mentioned a ‘dangerous fantasy world’ and daze just doesn’t really do that any justice and like you say now it’s literally just an annoying inconvience.

They could actually make the world threatening, like make it so you take extra damage from mobs when mounted (could even be % based or whatever). But that’s just not going to happen because people would complain even more.

I’m just peeved that this is something that’s just being removed so it can be replaced (mount equipment).

Oh well, waterwalking/path of frost and tanks are now OP I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

“STop crying about waterstrider nerf! They won’t go any further”

Ladies and gentleman I once again predicted the future.

Next expac will have a flying equipment, no more training, but for your drake to fly it needs rockets attached. makes me wonder wy are we even allowed to keep the profession equipment and engineering glider. bet those ar enext on the chopping block! Strip away all the fun!

2 Likes

Stop whining on everything and play the game or leave. They do that because of the item we can put on mounts later.

“New for 9.0! Harvesting, flying, AH, transmog and vendor equipement! Wait paid 5m for an AH mount? Or 120k for a transmog/vendor mount during MoP (when 120k wasn’t alot but needed saving for most non-AH players)? Lol, screw you. Now you got to choose between flying, anti-daze (unless tank), waterwalking (unless DK, shaman or BM hunter), AH, vendor, flying etc. Because we also discontinue the proffession items.”

The profession tiems they already did, they don’t work in 8.2 zones and they aren’t bringing in new ones! This new system took more away than it adds, unless you’re a blood DK…

2 Likes

This i noticed on ptr, barding says only Kul Tiras and Zandalar zones. New recipe for mount equipment antidaze item seems to cover them all. We don’t know if we get normal barding at all when 9.0 hits or is it only mount equipment available then. I wish they would tell it so i can stop worrying and being cranky about it.

1 Like

I have never complained on the general forums for as long as I remember. But why are they doing this? Beeing dazed is the most annoying thing ever.

This is probably not gonna be as big of a deal in 8.2 because we will have flying. But once they take flying in the upcoming expansions we will really feel this hit imo. Now we have a waterwalking mount and shields. That’s gonna be gone then and equipment won’t really bring us back to the same qol that we have now. Also because we forced to do world quests. Now we might even have to spend more time on those…

2 Likes

Seems it was an error

2 Likes

Lucky it seems like a bug.

puh

This is no fun, I was just going to come here and have a little whine.

1 Like

Oh thank the hell. Case (hopefully) closed, I guess.

1 Like

Well, daze is there to keep mob content relevant and somewhat challenging - it’d be too easy if you could just waltz right through a large pack of some-level mobs without any risk.

Shields blocking daze was a good little counter-mechanic but is it not being exchanged for one of those mount buffs?

Read all the previous posts. It’s not making it relevant or challenging because you outgear it anyway and because mobs were never dangerous (with a few exceptions).

Then its to keep it relevant even if you outgear them. We dont need the game strippee down even more.

Ok people its a bug not a feature ! It will be fixed :slight_smile:

Great post. People nowadays are so spoiled they will call EVERYTHING chore or that it’s tedious, cause literally everything annoys them.

Being weak in the game is annoying!!! Best solution? Remove items, EVERYONE’S EQUAL. No more having to do anything in game.

There should be such annoyances, because without them there won’t be any need for making stuff that removes them.

When I played Gothic 1/2 I was annoyed by being killed by some weak monsters, but thanks to that getting better gear and gaining levels was rewarding, cause reward was to being able to fight stronger enemies.

People act like they know everything “boo hoo classic fanbois they will quit after week”. Those people won’t play for rio or wowprogress. They will just… play the game.

YES. Because in order to make something useful there has to be problem, right?

1 Like

Just play a tank so you cant get dazed off your mount 4HEad

Flying soon soooooo dont care.

To reiterate the tweet Punyelf linked;

This change is unintended and we’re currently investigating the issue and plan to fix it in an upcoming PTR build.

6 Likes

To prevent the spread of misinformation by those who only read the OP and more recent posts, we’re locking this thread here so the relevant information is the most recent.