One old crafted boe

this item recipe drops in Sunwell. i now got a mood to try to get some of the recipes i don’t have yet, then i got this recipe for boe. the only problem is my engineer is a mage. i dont understand why there are class requirements for item that can be sold to other classes on AH. (i know its useless since intellect + plate but still, warrior + DK can equip it)

Justicebringer 3000 Specs have a dynamic primary stat, they have both Strength and Intellect but only use one depending on class/spec.
Holy Paladins for example use Plate Intellect gear so it’s certainly not useless :slight_smile:
If a warrior or death knight were to look at that item, they’d see it as Plate with Strength on it.

The only requirement on those for a plate wearer is having the appropriate level of Engineering to use them.

The problem isn’t with the item itself, it’s that the actual schematic has a class requirement that stops the recipe being learned if you’re not the correct class.

I brought this issue up ages ago as I like to collect all engineering plans. The class requirements were removed from all the old goggle plans taught by the engineering trainer, but not from these plans dropped in the Sunwell raid. It seemed like a possible oversight at the time and I hoped these few plans dropped in Sunwell would also have the class requirement removed, but my thread never got a reply and the plans still have the class requirement today, seemingly for no reason.

Would be nice to have the class requirement for learning the plans removed, as they are nice things to make for transmog if nothing else.

1 Like

Here’s a link to my post on the old forums about this problem , it has a list of all the plans with a superfluous class requirement.

Looks like I can’t include the link, so just google for “wow topic 17618044571” , the thread is called “Class requirement on Sunwell goggles plans”.

Would be great if something could be done about this. :slight_smile:

Here’s the list of the affected plans again, in case it helps.

Schematic: Quad Deathblow X44 Goggles
Schematic: Hyper-Magnified Moon Specs
Schematic: Annihilator Holo-Gogs
Schematic: Justicebringer 3000 Specs
Schematic: Hard Khorium Goggles
Schematic: Lightning Etched Specs
Schematic: Powerheal 9000 Lens
Schematic: Primal-Attuned Goggles
Schematic: Surestrike Goggles v3.0
Schematic: Wonderheal XT68 Shades
Schematic: Mayhem Projection Goggles

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.