Demon hunter 1H mace !

Hi guys. I think that players really want this (me 2 obviously as DH main). Im mad cuz now in bfa came really good looking maces like stinkrot smasher or the glazer. Anyway old 1Hmaces look pretty good 2. Would u like to make DH 1H maces transmog possible ? Please share with friends :slight_smile: can transmog fist weapons and cant 1H maces ? Garbage!

1 Like

Blizzard keeps throwing the same reason in there: the items have a different swinging animation, so it wouldn’t just be the appearance you were overwriting, but the animation as well. Which apparently isn’t that simple to do.

Though I’d love if everyone weapon could be transmogged to every other, just restrict the 1H to 1H and 2H to 2H. Would make a lot of people happy.

1 Like

i dont think the animation would be much of a problem, main problem is DH cant use mace, so unless they change that, all other classes would swarm them with requests to allow them to mog to items they cant use, and as for allowing the DH to use maces, i dont know, they already have a weapon type that only them can use (warglaives), so i dont see that happening… (and lets notforget they are ONLY class that can mog legendary weapon)

This is the exact reason Blizzard has given why the restrictions are still in place.
1H swords, maces and axes can be transmogged.
2H swords, maces and axes can be transmogged.
Staves included for warriors.
Daggers to daggers, I believe. Not sure how fist weapons are.

The different swing animations on them is the reason why Blizz won’t remove the restrictions on transmogrification, but that reasoning is outdated and should be scrapped.
1H vs 2H should obviously still be in effect.

1 Like

This isn’t an animation restriction, as 1hand axes, swords and maces all use the same animation sets.

The problem is what Drakenden mentioned, Demon Hunters don’t use Maces.

If it’s not a weapon type available to the class, it won’t be possible for them to equip them or use them for transmogrification, no to unlock the appearance or use the appearance unfortunately.

Fist weapons used to be limited to fist weapons, that changed in Tides of Vengeance though so you can use 1h sword, 1h axe or 1h maces, as long as your class can use those weapon types as mentioned above in my last reply :slight_smile:

Which is perfectly fine until you find that even though you can use X weapon type, and would like to use transmogs for X weapon type, you can’t because raids only drop W, Y and Z for you.

Looking at you Staffs/Daggers/Wands. Put some sword drops in the game for caster dps already. It’s going to be 3 raids (not including Crucible) and not a single sword for caster dps but you’ll happily throw in a warglaive for the one class that can use them.

1 Like

I just think that there r too many axes which are ugly. Lot of maces are original and cool like which I writed when I made this article. So maybe do some better axes :slight_smile: Or I dont know. What about Ilidan come back with maces with pieces from sargeras ?

i think as a DK i could make the same argument: why cant i mog warglaives? i could equip those from Ilidan in BT… i know they are technicaly swords, but still… or why not a staff? its not much of a difference from 2 hand mace, its something blunt and long to hit your enemies with :smiley:

Because they are iconic to Demon Hunters, and as you’ve mentioned, a mace is just a blunt thing.
Glaives would be the same thing as if Blizz had made [Rune Sword] as a weapon type back in WotLK. They’d be iconic to DK’s like warglaives are to DH now.

While you could equip the glaives from BT, warglaives weren’t a thing back then, and DH wouldn’t be a thing for a pretty long time, they were classified as swords and thus usable. They were usable because of limitations and Blizzard doesn’t want to change the glaives after all this years because it would make them unusable for a lot of people who farmed them.

So TL;DR: iconic weapon types should stay restricted to the class, but open the rest up completely. 2H to 2H and 1H to 1H. Would make a lot of people happy ;p

warglaives are the only iconic weapons currently though?

i think at this point, most weapon restrictions are related to the class, rather than the weapons. as basically all 1H’s can interact (now fists are being added) and all 2H’s can interact. as shown with a warrior.

the only things that are sorta floaty are wands, off hands, and shields. and im not sure off the top of my head if off hands or shields interact with anything.

Yea, so keep them to the class they’re iconic for, ==> Demon Hunters.

Naturally. Mages can’t wield maces, so they can’t transmog maces. Why? Only Blizz knows, 'cause they can wield swords and swords can be transmogged to maces.
Transmog rules are way too restrictive right now and should be loosened. A lot.

Wands are indeed floaty. Having a DK run around with two wands instead of two swords looks a bit weird. Limit them to caster classes.
Off-hands stay off-hands, shields stay shields. Unlike weapons, they have a specific, logical purpose: off-hands are seen as trinkets that buff you, shields are… well shields. They block stuff.

The main issue with transmogrification are the 4 main armour classes being restricted and the “main” weapon classes (Axe, sword, mace,… + 1H-2H variants and polearms, staves) being somewhat restricted.

I haven’t written out a complete paper on how transmog should change, but this is sorta the idea behind it :wink:

1 Like

no you’re right. warglaives should stay only for things that use them. this is demon hunters. though do some night elves/wardens use glaive type things?

either way, wouldn’t want to get into the complexities of certain races only being allowed transmog! xD

but yeah, i agree, too many restrictions.

Wardens use those three-bladed glaive-boomering thingies. But those are “specific” to Wardens, not night elves. (Though I believe Demon Hunters had a few models like the Warden Glaive? Not sure).

And just classes :wink: If you restrict weapons to a class, it’ll all work out fine. No need for transmog, other than the heritage sets, being restricted to races.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.