Burning Crusade Timewalking Dungeons are too Hard

Just did two of em finished Mana-tombs after 45mins with 12players leaving and getting replaced , The second was “Opening the Dark Portal” we just couldnt kill Temporus, the Mortal Wound stacks too quickly killing tanks in few hits , Kiting and Def cds didnt help on top of that The mobs damage is alot and they instant cast full Duration Fears,stuns , The bosses does too much damage and has alot of HP. Compare to Mop/Wotlk , Burning crusade TW dungeons are 3-4times harder, why would you make BC TW dungeons if you don’t want to scale them properly blizzard?

I am quite curious: in what dungeon did that happen?

Haven’t done TW this week yet, but if they didn’t change anything compared to the last time TBC TW was up, it really isn’t that difficult overall.

Oh, and use the legendaries! They help a bunch.

Been running them all morning, and the scaling is off some where… DPS have more HP than me as Prot paladin. and the threat isn’t working properly. It’s as if I’m being entered as a DPS instead of Tank?

averaging 8-9k HP as tank? Very weird.

2 Likes

LOL Don’t play vanilla whatever you do…

It is not a scaling issue, it is all about knowing what to do.

But in all seriousness, you need to understand that these dungeons where designed in an era when WoW was HARD, group content was challenging and required teamwork.

For example, Harbinger Skyriss in Arcatraz is a LONG fight and requires patience.
Dalliah the Doomslayer has Dot she places on the tank so that if he/she is healed, she is healed too and not many people know this so they think they can just zerg her down and end up doing no dmg.

Trash packs are also hard (prob harder than the bosses). Gargantuan Abyssals require you to stack if you want to dmg them and if you don’t its a wipe, prob is that it doesn’t tell you this anywhere in the dungeon journal or on DBM so you just have to know the fight.

Fights require lots of sheeping, dispelling, knowledge of tactics and a lot of patience!

We was stuck on the Negations warp masters in Arcatraz for ages with numerous wipes until we worked out what to do.

I love this kinda gameplay takes me back to the old days

3 Likes

not as hard as u tink back day use be 100 tims harder if u did not heve cc u ware world pain

now romp stomp

1 Like

In case of the Black Morass (Opening the Dark Portal), each party member can and should pick up the Chrono Beacon from the NPC at the cave entrance in the dungeon (Sa’at), if you wish to make it a bit easier. Just use it when you feel that you need some extra help - so most likely on the last boss.

In other cases it is mostly matter of the specific boss mechanic. In Manatombs even 1st boss is able to wipe the party if the DPS will not stop on the phase when he redirects damage back.

Arcatraz is a very good example of one of the most complex dungeons from that expansion. However I would say that each part of the Tempest Keep area dungeon complex had some quite challenging mechanics for their bosses. Scrooloose did summarize the Arcatraz encounters pretty well.

That being said, it is still possible for some bugs to happen with scaling or other factors. If you do see any problem like this, you are more than welcome to report it in game (Esc → Help → Submit Bug). This will help our game developers to track it down and fix it rather sooner than later.

3 Likes

do u tink cen be sort cut [The Black Morass]

it not fun if u get thet dungen 10 tims row

2 Likes

ARGH! I was gonna write some fancy reply here.

But honestly.

GIT GUD!

1 Like

And this is why the game is the way it is now days, it is not hard you just need to know what to do, not all the dungans and raids are like BFA

2 Likes

The problem is they are not scaled properly like wotlk/mop/cata TW dungeons, the bosses and mobs hits like a truck and one dungeon takes close to an hour to finish, if you compare BC timewalking dungeons to other expansion timewalking dungeons, BC TW mobs and bosses does 3-4times more damage and takes more time to kill a boss.
even if you compare the original BC dungeons when you are at mid lvl 60’s, the timewalking BC dungeons are 10times harder.

Most of these bosses barely have anything in terms of mechanics. Raw power is one of the main methods they use to create a challenge.

Even most trash mobs in newer content have a more impressive selection of spells than most bosses in TBC dungeons imo (there are some exceptions of course, like the more recent Sunwell dungeon).

I think they’re ment to represent heroics, aren’t they? Either way, you can’t really emulate them with timewalking very accurately when our entire toolkit is different, the stats on gear are different, etc etc.

The current difficulty didn’t seem problematic to me.
I did a handful of runs earlier, each on a different class (but most of them tanks) without any problems. Full pug runs, one of which even had a shaman healer who started without any talents punched in. Pretty sure he was just a dps who wanted a quick queue time ;p, luckily that was manatombs.

Anyway, certainly nowhere near 1 hour long runs, nor even half that. Though of course an Arcatraz run did take a bit longer than a Mana tombs run, but that’s to be expected.

The only issues I’ve had with them is what I stated yesterday.

For some reason my Prot paladin was joing as DPS.

Had 8.5k ish HP and little no no threat generation.

Did the same runs with my Prot Warrior… No issues. 14.5-15k HP, no threat issues.

Other than that, It’s just a case of people either not remembering how to play these old dungeons or they never played them before at all.

Things like stacking on meteor. Tried to tell the team 5 times stack on meteor…

They all just stand where every they want and then moan like F@#* when the healer was 1 shot. lol

Seriously, this is a post?

1 Like

yes it is sadly

1 Like

I was lvling my dk with Timewalking dungeons and I did them roughly in 15 min. No problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.