58 boost (new infos from wowhead)

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/new-boosted-character-experience-for-burning-crusade-classic-321731
1 Like

Nice, perhaps now peopel will stop moaning and realise its definitely happening and there’s nothing they can do to change it.

At the very least it may stop people buying chars from online auction sites as happened last time TBC was launched.

7 Likes

No, they will still complain even though now it’s 100% certain it will come in, I hope those people who said they will quit if it does come in now live up to that.

I even made a list of those who said they will quit Classic.

10 Likes

everyone that has commented on the boost in protest already knew it was happening, because blizzard said it would lol, they didnt " moan " because of doubt, its no different than when people are upset about stuff in retail such as nerfs & buffs for example, they go on the forums and explain their disappointment, but there’s 100 posts explaining why so im not gunna go into it

8 Likes

everyone knows. Doesn’t mean people can’t voice their dissatisfaction.

Frankly the only way, to stop it, would be for a massive number of people to boycott the game, unsub and actively remind Blizz why they are not playing. We talking 100k+ people. This is never going to happen. Blizz knows this, we know this.

17 Likes

Hmm, I still want a price for the boost though.
I’m expecting £50, but I hope if it’s for the “reason” they’re saying. it’ll be maybe £20 lol.

So they start at 75% at level 58 and have full rested xp, which makes it up to 25% rested xp into level 60.

This is getting more and more attractive :rofl:

3 Likes

Y it should be plain 58 with green gear. Do some introductory quests like this and go to portal and be done with it :). On Retail boost doesnt give rested exp into 51 :wink:

It feel like Blizzard can’t get a “proper Classic mentality” it always as to be a bit more. At first it was 58 now it’s 58 75% + rested xp.

Like if they are afraid of players quitting the game because they are 2 levels behind those who invested time in Classic.

What’s next ? Epic mount instead of 60% ?

5 Likes

Is there an alternative?
I too am very much against the boost. Though I am also aware of the fact that it is coming and there is nothing I can do about it.
Therefore I would like to suggest a solution that I think would make more people happy by addressing two outcries at the same time.

Making FRESH - NO BOOST TBC servers as an option
Though I think it folly to hope for, I would love for those fresh servers to also:
REMOVE BATCHING (most important) and LEEWAY. (there is an audience for this, go see WilliE’s pull on it)

This way the old world will be populated by others than only the new races/class.
Every player will on an even footing to re-roll to account for the massive class changes coming.
The slug-fest that is Hellfire will be spread out over a larger time period, perhaps even making it an enjoyable experience.
It will make power leveling the new races harder and perhaps give some time to the quick paladins and locks to get their epic ground mounts.

If I have to address the new player concern:
I have myself tired and heard from friends many times, the story of leveling a class to 20-30 bracket only to realize that it was not right for them and then reroll. This will be very painful for the new player who just paid a lot of cash committing to a certain class.

For those with max characters ready to go perhaps the extra changes along with a chance to prove oneself in the fiesta that was the launch, will persuade many to join the new servers.
Servers where the integrity of the game holds.

Here I think the commonly used “if you don’t like it, don’t boost” can be reversed.
If you want a boost, go play on the servers where it will be allowed. Then it will also concentrate the target audience who need introductions on how to equip a weapon, perhaps giving them a better experience playing with more like-minded people.
Or worse due to the entire server been concentrated in Hellfire at the same time, with max-nax raiders and new 58 with no spells on their bars. Only Belf Pallies and Drenai Shammies populating the old world.

I do not see how more choice can ever be a bad thing and since a lot of server merging will have to take place anyways, why not give people the options for the game they want?

2 Likes

Add me to that list please.

Yeah specially when you have tools like Asmongold who make 30 min videos on how bad the boost is and then finish off by saying they’ll buy it anyways.
Makes me want to through my PC out the window tbh.
Gamers have to be the most (a)pathetic bunch our civilization has ever seen.

2 Likes

I don’t think there will be any on launch.
But I would love a fresh server or two for TBC where:

• you cannot use the boost
  • you cannot transfer characters from other servers (at least until 6 months later)
1 Like

I would if you had posted on your classic character, I wanted to search for people to prove they are fibbing about quitting. Right now you could carry on without anyone knowing who you are in classic.

1 Like

You debunk someone for not posting on thier classic char LMFAO. Where is your classic char? Are you even playing? Or just talking smack?

I wonder how many will actually quit and how many are attention seekers. Please share this list.

2 Likes

Retail 2.0.

1 Like

Not argeeing with a game design decision doesn’t mean you can’t express that. And if it will just be in the game no matter what a lot of people that do not want it will have to use it because it gives an advantage. Yet another alt for your account power level. The question is what will be the next thing after this boost.

2 Likes

They said add me to the list, how can I check that list to see if they quit Classic if they are posting on a retail character, think about it next time.

5 Likes

Absolutely, people should feel free to say they disagree with it, that’s not the problem I have, my problem is telling others how they should enjoy the game or telling them to play something else, telling them if they buy the services offered by the company who own the IP that they’ll blacklist them, kill them on sight and ensure they have no future in the game.

2 Likes

Well I’ve tried the boost on the beta and basically it feels overwhelming even as a veteran, having to put 50 talent points and move all your spells from your book to your bars, and having to set hotkeys for them as well. I’m not sure the boost works that well with Classic TBC, I mean in retail you have way less spells for example. Also the gear is pretty bad and you can die easily just fighting boars if you don’t know what you’re doing, I’d expect a lot of new players picking up the boost to struggle…

1 Like