70$ for the deluxe edition... for a 14 year old game

Imagine still inventing microtransaction crap for a 14 year old game.

Not even EA would dare to try that.

84 Likes

Good news is normal edition is free.

14 Likes

This is insane, greedy bastards. Players dont matter to Blizzard as long as they can suck every penny from its playerbase, shameful.

35 Likes

Free huh? Then what am I paying a subscription for?

34 Likes

Access to servers.

4 Likes

We give an inch, they take a mile. As long as people gives excuses for they practices and keep false hopes about future improvemens, Blizzard will be milking every copper from us.

18 Likes

Wrong, since you can already access retail for free up to level 20.
Try again.

16 Likes

58 Euros then, or 50 English pounds.

But the deluxe edition includes the pay-to-win boost, which will likely cost around 50 Euros to buy alone, a stupid-looking store mount, a fancy hearthstone, a toy and 30 days of free game time.

If all taken together that isn’t bad value for money, leaving aside the crass stupidity of the pay-to-win boost.

7 Likes

If you feel they are milking you, why do you tolerate that?

5 Likes

Exercise your free market rights and don’t buy it?

I refused ti buy a 25 year old Aston Martin the other day for 30k. Weird how choice works huh?

8 Likes

I don’t, I started playing at the end of BFA, seen what Shadowlands has to offer, tomorrow my sub is over and I leave.

4 Likes

It amazes me how people can get genuinely upset over an OPTIONAL piece of content.

If you had to buy it because it was required then I’d be right there with you but to complain about the price of something that absolutely no one is forcing you to buy is just moronic.

You wouldn’t go into a shoe shop and complain about the price of the pair you like the look of do you? No you either pay the price or keep walking so why on earth do you think that you’re in the position to contest the prices now?

6 Likes

Isn’t it 35€?

Is it? I’ve no idea. I didn’t even realise the price had been revealed. I was hoping that it would be 100 euros. Ah well.

Blizzard intentionally went back on a 14 year old game and specifically designed a microtransaction for it and people still defend them like it’s nothing. Amazing.

21 Likes

I’m not defending anything I am pointing out the idiocy that is being upset over an optional purchase.

They aren’t forcing you to buy it so the price means nothing.

6 Likes

And it’s amazing how you didn’t point out the idiocy of Blizzard going back to a 14 year old game and specifically adding a microtransaction to it

13 Likes

I agree it’s stupid but that’s not my point. If I wanted to give my opinion on that then I’d say I dont agree with them changing their stance but again it’s optional.

If they made these changes and locked TBC behind these price tag then I’d be right there with you but it’s optional so move on quite frankly.

7 Likes

From business pov, it is not idiocy at all, just good business practice and clever move.

7 Likes

It’s actually $39.99 so it may be €39.99, I don’t think they have released the EU price yet. Mine is just a guessimate

I can’t view the shop in Euros to compare things like for like.