8.1 deadly brew removed.

I just wanna thank you blizzard for finally removing MS-effect for assassin rogues.

they have been so overpowered its unreal, this will help alot!

its so good to see Holinka back!
Maybe I can actually play arena now.
2vRogue is finally coming to an end
14/11/2018 02:15Posted by Bipolarßear
I just wanna thank you blizzard for finally removing MS-effect for assassin rogues.

Deadly Brew is the ability to use Deadly Poison while still having a quasi-Wound Poison effect. Unless they're removing Wound Poison as well that option is still on the table.
Now its either have 30%ms or take maybe what +15%damage overall. Cant recall how much on average deadly is but its pretty high
Tbf - that's a good change.
I like the change aswell. They need to look at the 25% ms effect from hunters aswell tho
14/11/2018 02:15Posted by Bipolarßear
this will help alot!

The nerfs to Disc Priests will affect Assa rogues more than this change wil.

BTW. SP is new FOTM. Brace yourself for waves of nerfcalls after 8.1 xD
A Patch without rogue nerfs is not a patch.
Every body knows that.
1 Like
Or, we take into account the new Shiv talent that will just replace Deadly Brew, and apply all poisons every 12 sec along side some instant damage and +70% reduction for 4 sec...
14/11/2018 11:29Posted by Wifeswap
I like the change aswell. They need to look at the 25% ms effect from hunters aswell tho

Could not agree more, in 2v2 survival hunter is even more obnoxious than assa rogue honestly.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they changed Shiv so that it applies all poisons. And that will be the normal version of the poisons, not the weaker version Deadly Brew gave us Rogues. In other words, Shiv will apply a 25% MS when we had a 15% MS in 8.0.1. And because we lose Deadly Brew we will have a honor talent free to pick Shiv. Convenient.

So the removal of Deadly Brew will cause two things : first we’ll need to MANUALLY apply and reapply our MS effect, and second, the MS effect will be stronger than before.

You will only have some relief 4 secs every 12s, because Shiv has a 12s CD, and I think all poisons but Deadly last only 8. It would be a shame if you were to get into a Kidney and receive no heals during those 4s !

The only thing you can see as good for you is that from now on Rogues won’t be able to apply their MS on two different targets. Their kill target though, will be savagely destroyed.

Oh and, if that change to Shiv sticks, people will start to use Master Poisoner again for an ever greater MS effect !

Best wishes !

6 Likes