8.2.5 notes out -- no nerfs to how long it takes to get essences on alts. What?

I like this argument. You don’t need to get gear on your alts. You don’t need to even level your alts. You don’t need to pay for this game, go play private servers, they’re ok.

Reading these forums is fantastic lately xD Keep ‘em comin’

Oh come on… There’s a huge difference between ‘wanting BiS gear’ and ‘not even playing’. How about; getting the gear you can manage to get on your alt and be happy with that? There’s already plenty of ways to get gear in quite do-able ways (the more elitist players would even call it ‘free gear’, but I of course disagree with that notion).

He is kinda right though. How many play their alts on so high lvl that bis lvl 3 essence is mandatory?..

1 Like

woah there Strawman.

If there was no Essence or it was account bound, many more people will play Alts.
In MOP all you had to do is get to level 90 do a few dungeons and raids and then your alt is on the same level as your main. Jesus Christ guys stop defending mindless grinds

?
You can’t compare that at ALL
There are essence that are super simple you can get and they deal like 10% less damage than your BIS, you don’t need to get your BIS the only exception to that which I can think of is fire mage which just sucks without lucid.
Grinding your BiS for a bit more damage is your choice, no one is forcing you to get them.

1 Like

I am your fan - teach me the ways of the arms or fury warrior pls

It’s good for the game to become much more alt unfriendly. Playing with alt chars is ok, but trying to keep them up to date and as powerful as main chars needs to go. Game should discourage people from wanting to become everything.

Players creates their own threadmill, devs have nothing to do with it. Players never want to be done with the game, they will never be satisfied with being done with the game. They always want to repeat the same threadmill they created over and over and over again; leveling new chars, getting gear for them, socketing and putting an enchant to items… etc.

1 Like

Which way? Well of Existence has powerful effect which I’d like to get on my alts (I did that extremely boring world/daily quest farm ONCE) but there is no way I’m spending my time on mechagon doing something I hate to have fun in other type of content. So, I’m refusing to play anything else besides my pally.

You said multiple times that you like to be powerful doing type of content you enjoy so read this thread again and think about your own words. Teamwork is all about giving your best and if I’m a part of the team I always do my best. I hate world/daily quests in WoW and farming mechagon for healer’s essence is just something I won’t do. I’m not falling that low.

If nice and useful rewards are gated behind repetitive and boring quests then something’s wrong with the system :wink:

Yeah, well to me there’s a huuuuuge difference between wanting to be powerful on a main character and wanting to be powerful on over 9000 alts.

And that’s fine, isn’t it?

I’m never going to get the raid or mythic or pvp essences. I’m not falling that low.
And that’s fine. I don’t NEED them.

They are power gains which is exact same thing as gear.

Ah yes, my most precious gear aimed shot, can’t wait to kill a boss and drop it…

How did you get to that conclusion lmao
They’re nice and useful obviously they won’t be given away for free XD?

If you don’t like it don’t do it. Please, it’s simple as that if you are not in a mythic cutting edge guild you don’t have to do content you don’t like to get the best essence.
The starting essence is very decent for most classes. I’ve checked bloodmallet and didn’t see any class where this essence isn’t one of the better ones. Just pick that up if you don’t want to do the grind. It will max itself to rank 3 when you get azerite powers.

While i agree certain players put too much pressure on themselves there is also the fact sometimes the content does it alone.
Try to pvp with world quest basic and easy to get gear vs mythic raiders with 3 epic essences and extra stamina while you got 1 blue and 1 green. Yeah, not fun.

Try to get into a raid team while there is a queue of trials with twice your gear and AP because they spammed dungeons islands and wq and got luckier than you.

Thing is the game offers to people no lifing it or doing those atrocious reptitive and robotic tasks the way to fight an rng put in place and time gating mechanics rewarding schedule and not dedication per se.

Its not fun.
By letting an alt be a viable solution to player engagement instead of the threadmill you still have to redo a lot of stuff but with a different class, which changes your whole expérience of the grind. It will give the game way more replayability that way.

I’m that kind of person, i’m playing multiple characters just because there is no spec i like the most.

Where are the patch notes? It’s not there in wow head, only a months old one is there…

They never said they would, why you mad?

Quite the opposite, blizz stated that essences are long term investments in a character. Not gonna give it for free to your alts.

BfA will be around for a year or so, so you have time. U don’t need to get everything there is in a game like TODAY.

No, alt friendly game isn’t a solution, it is the reasons for most things people hate.

Players don’t know how to be ok with being done with 1 char. Instead they go for alt chars that they don’t even enjoy leveling, not 1 or 2 but tens or hundres, in order to increase their gold income, increase their chances to get rare drops, in order to have it all and become everything. They create this treadmill, not Blizzard.

And then they try to keep all of them up do date by completing their checklist every day or every week. They don’t even get to play the chars actually. And then they cry about BIS items as if they are BIS players.

‘‘Why professions sucks and not profitable?’’. Well you are everything, a BS alchemist, herbalist… etc. If you are everything, why anything should be different?

Going for millions of alt chars is the proof that players can’t do without the game and don’t want things to come to an end.

Blizzard just shaped the game according to these people; you don’t want things to end? Ok here unending WQs, unending AP power, not guaranteed BIS drops… etc.

2 Likes

Seriously? So because Monsterette only wants people to play 1 char eveerything has to be made an unending grind. No, wanna know the reason people play alts? Well mutple reasons actually:

1. Change of pace
  2. Increasing odds weekly/daily bosses
  3. Back up, yes have too many tanks but they don’t enjoy arms or fury? Well John the tank will log his geared warlock because he enjoys it
  4. To be self-sufficient
  5. To enjoy different playstyles roles: Caster, ranged (hunter only), tank, melee, hybrid classes (ret, feral etc.) and healers.

Heck you even defend that professions are just gold sinks now because we can create alts. It’s fine you wanna play 1 char but I don’t you run out of things to do very fast.