8.2 going to do something?

So will 8.2 be the patch that redeems BFA or is it just too little too late?

We don’t know enough about it so we just do not know what effect it will have yet.

It will be more of the same. If you like BfA now, it will be even better. If you don’t like BfA now, it will not make you like it.

6 Likes

it’s just beta guys I’m sure live will fix everything
it’s just 8.1 guys I’m sure they’ve learned now guys
it’s just 8.1.5 guys next tier is gonna be awesome
it’s just 8.2 guys 100% next patch
8.3 is actually okay probably and is SOMEWHAT fun to play in and then repeat from scratch because full Satoshi-style reset on the entire game because MUH INOVATIONS (aka pruning) every single expansion

5 Likes

Depends on what they end up doing.

They did state they intended to introduce changes on Azerite and introduce Heroic Warfronts. If they do it right, they should fix two flaws of the expansion overall. Then, how good/bad is the new areas and instanced content are, too, yet to be seen. Until PTR launches, there is little room for any judgement.

But, if you don’t like the expansion, I don’t believe it’s going to make you hate it less. In this case, first impressions actually do the trick.

As for me, it can either make me hate the expansion or love it, depending on what to do. To this day, I wouldn’t go as far as to call BfA bad, rather leaving it at “mediocre”. It entertains me, but it doesn’t impress.

What Redoctober said, it is what it is with a few additions and tweaks

Why does it need redeeming? Regardless of what you doomsayers claim, the game is going on perfectly fine; BfA is no worse and no better than Legion before it. Its no MoP sure, but its a far cry from the abysmal state of WoD.
If you don’t enjoy it, quit playing and stop expecting every next patch to fulfil your personal wishlist.

2 Likes

Well of course the game feels good for anyone engaged in progression raiding with a very social guild. WoW has always had good raiding and always will, it’s just saddening that they remove all the other game from the game.
Professions, Reputations, Dungeons, Rare mobs. It just feels as if with every new expac they shave more and more and more off of these things that make the game feel alive outside of raiding.

5 Likes

This pretty much. If you don’t like world quests, mythic+ and all the things we have now then 8.2 probably won’t change much for you.

1 Like

Genuinely neutered, yes.

No different from how they were done in Legion; if they’re a complaint here, it’s not unique to BfA.

Completely disagree. Keystones are far more enjoyable than they were in Legion and are a real alternative to progression raiding now. I have a blast doing them every week with my group.

Since when have rare mobs been relevant?

If you want an example of WoW with nothing to do outside of raiding, its WoD. Not BfA.

Rare mobs were pretty fun in MoP. They dropped nice things like toys and other things. They didn’t spawn back two seconds after being killed either. You actually had to wait and be lucky to kill them.

1 Like

They can’t do this anymore because Rares are now used daily in World Quests. The whole reason World Quests is now a thing is because people whined about all the daily quests in MoP.
So, unfortunately its one way or the other.

Maybe they would be better just calling the world quest rares elites instead? There is nothing rare about them. They are just slightly harder to kill mobs.

1 Like

They’re already elites so it doesn’t make any sense to begin with.

If you don’t like the azerite armor system, and think that a lot of classes have been dumbed down compared to Legion, 8.2 could be a good patch for you.

In 8.2 all azerite traits on a piece of gear will be available immediately, and they’re gonna add abilities to the Heart of Azeroth to spice up the classes. So if azerite armor/class design are your main gripes it looks promising in theory.

1 Like

Yeah, im looking forward to some class changes, maybe Guardian can be more than just Trash and Gore spam

well classdesign is just awfull and pvp is a shtshow

1 Like

Subjective there, because I’m enjoying my class way more than in Legion

i guess some ppl enjoy spaming 3 buttons over and over i sure dont

1 Like

I don’t understand why we can’t just have a mix of the elites for world quest bosses and also have some fun rares that drop desirable items spread out in the zones as well. The rares in MoP were great. I remember going round most of them trying to get specific items, toys or pets.

1 Like