[8.2 Spoilerific] Horde infighting

7 years to late :stuck_out_tongue: .

Enough to populate chuncks of Lordaeron. SC and AD were around, Hillsbrad in the south was lively and so was Southern Silverpine.

The Forsaken in Vanilla to Cata’ took care of the rest of the Humans.

And if the Forsaken would have spread like Wildfire then the AD would be fully Alliance, it is a miracle that they have been forced to sit afk for this long.

Did the Alliance really have more quests?

Perhaps, or their newly founded strenght needs to be explained. We have Allied races now there is easy ways to boost the numbers of the Horde sky-high. But then again the point of the Horde was that it was a bunch of outcasts coming together for survival.

You undermine this when they can be a global power forcing their will on other people. And if that sense of survivability in the faction is no longer a thing then the Horde should suffer a lot more internal strife with its members as the key thing keeping them together is now gone.

The same strength doesn’t mean the same screentime. You have just basically said this before.

And you can, but it needs to be written differently.

It depends on what you define as “Alliance”. You mean Alliance type races in a neutral organisation like the CC or a member of the actual Alliance?

The first one can’t be helped, but the second one can and I do agree.

But when a city is massive then it doesn’t matter how many other towns or villages you have. What you lack in just flat out landmass you make up for with having a mega city.

No this was just a counter to your point.

Well, every single settlement in Drustvar was either taken over, destroyed, occupied, under-siege or frozen. Sure they have been taken back, what is left of them that is, but like I said you have a mega city.

“Renting”, you also renting them pirates to fight for you?

At this point it is an occupation with tribute, if they were to kick you out then you would kill them.

But to disregard just the world outside is crazy. If we are going to use GoT then lets use it.

It would be like having Rob letting the North be constantly raided, occupied, having its people killed by outside forces and the land destroyed in the War of the 5 Kings. Then after it is all said and done him not caring about it nor does everyone else living in the North and it nor affecting any of the story moving forward

What defines Rob character? His subjects, his land, his family. Having that motivate him to do what he thinks is right. Take that away then his character becomes very weak, it becomes funny as it would make little to no sense. A character needs purpose and the world needs to provide it for him.

Now, that basically applies to the Tyrande and Maflurion, to the CC, to the Night Elves in general.

What drives Tyrande’s character forward is the world she is in, the people she needs to protect, defending Elunes blessed land. Take that away and her character is ruined along with everything else, it affects the world itself and it destroys any immersion is that story. And this is what we are having now and why so many Night Elf fans hate it because the race can’t take any more of this type os awful writing.

Killing a character doesn’t have the same effect to that scale (altho’ this can easily depend on the character), and WoW has shown to be capable of building up major characters. The world drives the characters which drives the story forward.

If you want to see an example of not caring for the world itself along with everything else just to focus on the main characters then look at the new Star Wars movies.

Speculation:
Back to the Blood Elf heritage armor quest, we see that Lor’themar has a huge respect for Sylvanas sacrifice.

I presume he trusted her, till it was no longer possible.
We are talking about the Ranger General that fell against Arthas after all.

My conclusion: he never thought that he had to actually fight Sylvanas.

Cheers.

I agree completely.

If I had experienced the entire Warcraft story as a human living in their world, I’d be calling for the genocide of any and all Horde races (or at least just the orcs and undead) since it is clear that co-existence is impossible with races that are that warlike or simply want you all dead. It is really the only way to secure peace and the safety for humankind on Azeroth.

However, no major Alliance character seems to see it that way. Anduin’s a wet towel, Jaina’s cooling down, and Greymane doesn’t go nearly far enough. I want to see characters like Daelin Proudmoore, who could be seen as aggressive, proactive and wanting to see a great road from Ironforge to Stormwind, paved with the bones of every Orc man, women and child.

In the process, it’d justify the existence of the Horde: Namely, being a ragtag collective of races that are not well liked in the world and are looking to secure their own survival, because as of now, it hardly works when they are the ones instigating most of the conflict, thus bringing death and suffering on their own people via warfare they themselves started.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.