this is the why ppl shame us casuals.

1 Like

Try single player games. Bye

1 Like

I was under the impression the LFR wings always came out AFTER Nm/Hc

2 Likes

he he he he.

“I refuse to interact with people in an mmo rpg”

You even realize how ridiculous this sounds?

8 Likes

Because there are different groups/types of players, and they want things too. Same as you want LFR for everything, we want you to never get in some exclusive parts of the game, since that content is obviously not for you.

1 Like

Blizzard can’t please everybody and not all content is or should be available just because you pay a subscription fee. In this case the only one holding the OP back from doing any designated content is himself, and if he simply “doesn’t want to” then tough luck, right?

2 Likes

Due to the amount of tears/letters in the forums we decided to add a “I WIN BUTTON” to every aspect of the game to enable faceroll mode please type /faceroll. :joy:

Wait I posted this in the wrong thread, what can I say? we have plenty of trash posts here. :wink:

6 Likes

That other thread got locked and judging by the silence quite many who posted there got some cool off time. Maybe it is just better that we all treat eachothers with respect and kindness, even when disagreeing.

1 Like

Why not play a a single player game then to me it looks like you don’t like anything involving other people so why play multiplayer game then.

1 Like

I treat everyone with great respect and trust me or don’t but I’m extremely kind… also modest but what I don’t appreciate is entitled people that think the devs work for them, they don’t.

There is a difference between providing feedback and an opinion to think that the game should be designed the way they imagine it and this exactly what’s going on here and similar posts.

Fair. /10chars

I didn’t mean to make you feel i picked you out on that, that comment was really ment for everyone (that’s why i used “we” there). Sorry if it made you feel that way. I wrote it there because reference to that other thread.

1 Like

ahh okay, no worries, thanks for the clarification. :wink:

Implying there is ONE mind to be made up.

The playerbase is a very large conglomerate of people, all with their own individual playstyles and ideas.

There are several thousand minds at play, most of which already have been firmly made up (hence why internet discussions usually only lead to headbutting).

And because of that, everything you do will always have some people complaining. You’re dealing with a massive crowd and no matter where you put your foot down, you’ll step on someone’s toes.

And that goes doubly for WoW, because WoW never picked a nichĂŠ. It offers a lot of solo or solo-friendly content, just as it offers content for the more social minded players. It offers content for various levels of skill and races for various aesthetic tastes.

So complaints such as these are hardly surprising. As for how much merit they have? I’d say let the devs crunch the numbers for that, we don’t have access to anything solid anyway.

5 Likes

This is a single player game for most players and that is part of what is wrong

1 Like

Truly saddening.

I’ll admit your numbers might be fairly accurate over a period of 8-9 years. But since you set the baseline as 10 mil - which would be around the middle of WOTLK, what would you say are the major changes that happened to the game over this time?

• LFD
  • Boring/bad content
  • LFR

Common logic would deem each of these in one way or another to be the reason behind this drop:

Sure, the game existing in such a way for years might have cultivated many over-entitled people such as yourself, but let this old game maintain some dignity if it wants to keep brand-new content for people who actually want to play an MMO. You’ll still get to queue for your braindead version soon. Or you can just try and interact with people in game.

On second thought having seen the way you interact through your posts, maybe best to just wait. You know, for the sake of those other players in your vicinity.

2 Likes

Thanks for an interesting topic. I disagree.

I think the main reason WoW lost the majority of players and is in bad shape is that the developers overall did too few interesting things (did not innovate enough / did not improve enough) and made too many mistakes (made too many decisions that turned different parts of the game bad).

With so many years of the game falling down it is pretty hard to point to 3-4 specific things and claim that they are the ultimate reason. I think the number of specific things that was the reason for the 10-year fall is like 40. So, the two reasons I give above are necessarily generic, they cannot be more specific.

I will try, however, to say what were the absolute worst specific things out of the full list - in my opinion:

PVP

The biggest problem is the stagnation / defeat / selling out in PVP. PVP was the single most important piece of content for endgame because it fuels itself. You can witness the success of PVP in other games, this could have been the real engine behind WoW. Alas, they never treated PVP well (eg, balance was done PVE first, PVP last), they never did sane queues and ratings (they merely had a team queue that was prone to being abused, and only for the less popular part of the game), and in Legion they managed to lose the few good things the PVP community finally got after years of turmoil (no PVE gear for PVP, PVP vendors, PVP rewards being all you need to PVP).

PVE

The second biggest problem is completely idiotic focus on raiding. Raids are a dead form of content. It dies on the social angles - nobody at large wants to have a playing schedule and nobody at all wants to keep waiting for others / keep wiping because of others, yet raiding is such by design. It’s all in the formula - you need an organized long-term team and that team has to be large. This means that when you fail, just statistically, that’s likely not because of you, but rather because of someone else. And when you wait, you likely wait for someone else, etc. And because of all that you have to keep a schedule. Back in vanilla and TBC they had very few people raiding so they tried to popularize it in WotLK. The success was there but it was limited - the number of people who’d raid went to about 10%. That was still low so they tried several more things, but the number never got higher - because, as I say, raiding is a failed concept. We have raids not because they are good content - they are bad content. We have them because the devs are raiders and because they think that raiding is too iconic to drop. But the never-ending focus on a failed feature already cost us and continues to cost us dearly.

Maybe I will come back to that list a couple of days later and add / remove from it. Thanks again for an interesting topic.

Games like?