8.2 week 3 disappointments

Don’t come whining about a ‘lack of content’ alright?

MOBAs / HS / everything. WoW could have had as many players as LoL does with lobby-based PVP being part of the MMO.

You do know those games are centered on player vs. player encounters?
Edit: They are not MMOPRGs.

2 Likes

??? If that’s addressed to me, then it’s exactly lack of content, I explained why in the first post.

So? As I say, WoW could have had the lobby-based part for PVP. See GW2. This didn’t work in GW2, because GW2 had no user base comparably and was competing with WoW and failing.

It isn’t. You just refuse to do it.

That’s called lack of content for me.

This is nothing new. Blizzard Has been catering only to nolifers for few years now and been wondering why masses leave game. No wonder more people Play ff14 now then wow.

1 Like

Not really . For many years a lot of people were treating wow as single player game with additional bonus of having someone to talk to on game/guild. Those people enjoyed playing alonside others not with each other. Sadly since wod those people have nothing to do in game as Blizzard is promoting only dead content like raiding and mythic + . So those people made a natural move. They moved on to FF14 and are perfeckly happyvthere collecting transmogs and building houses. They sometimes come back to wow but never to Play endgame but rather to run old raids for transmogs. Instead admiting that they failed Blizzard teams is still following the same failing patterns and catering to nolifers. So ofc people stay away from wow.

1 Like

How do you know that? or is it just what you want to believe? :joy:

2 Likes

A lot? how many? i continue to see ppl posting facts about FFXIV and ESO (that im actually playin) crowded and with ppl happily playin … but where do you take these info?

I wouldn’t be so quick to put a smilie, she has a point and the numbers are closer than they ever were.

Here are player stats for FFXIV:

https:/ /ffxivcensus.com/

The number of active characters (defined, I imagine as characters with some activity in a fixed period of time - didn’t see the exact definition, but that’s what I expect it to be) over all regions is around 750k. I believe FF is such a game where it does not generally make sense to have alts, so that 750k characters translates to something like 750k players.

The estimates for the number of players that BFA currently has - across all regions - vary from 1.3 to 2.3 mil or so. That’s more than 750k, but it is pretty comparable. And if the period of time in the definition for FF is something like a week, well, then we have to increase 750k before comparing to the number of players in WoW, because that number is per-month.

Let me fix the post for you:

For many years I was treating wow as single player game with additional bonus of having someone to talk to on game/guild. I enjoyed playing alongside others not with each other. Sadly since wod I have nothing to do in the game as Blizzard is promoting only content that I don’t enjoy, like raiding and mythic + . So I made a natural move. I moved on to FF14 and I’m happy there collecting transmogs and building houses. I sometimes come back to wow but never to Play endgame but rather to run old raids for transmogs. Instead admiting that they failed Blizzard teams is still following the same failing patterns and catering to decent players. So ofc I stay away from wow.

It all makes sense now. :joy:

3 Likes

mmm interesting
i hope blizz begin again to post subbers.

I guess it means something but we can’t really compare it to active players in WoW because we don’t have this information available, unfortunately, not to mention that this still doesn’t prove that players who left WoW moved on to FF14.

On topic, do you really think that adding everything to queue will bring the people that left the game back to it? I seriously doubt it.

Emm I’m sorry, but are you saying that before WoD solo players had more things to do in concurrent content (besides lvling, maybe crafting and running old content for transmog)?

Am i missing smth?

I think WoD was the time when those solo casual players started to appear…

1 Like

Sorry mate but dont play an mmo then, they should have 0 ques its about interaction in a massive multiplayer online game

It’s actually more often than not quicker to find a group in the premade finder than it is to sit and wait in the queue. Waiting in a queue isnt exactly fun…

It’s purely laziness and I don’t see why blizzard should cater to that.

3 Likes

There lies the problem and it was not only created by the players but also Blizzard themself. If your only social interaction is to sometimes chat to someone you could just play a singleplayer game and use discord chat or something like that. There are plenty of very good games out there that would fill those needs perfectly.
Blizzard made the major fault to try and make things for everyone. This mentality never works and you will naturally piss of some kind of players and pissing off the core audience of your product will not go well long term.

1 Like

As long as you realize that the above is similar to:

“Too many people want to move by car instead of by horse. This problem was not only created by people but also by the government, the government didn’t force horses as hard as they should have and allowed moving by car too often. There are other countries that allow moving by car, please move there. Our country will die because we are retrograde like that but that’s fine.”

So you are comparing human progress with a video game? btw horses weren’t deisgned to move people but cars are.
Compare it this way; if you put a suit on a goat it’s still a goat… same goes for mmos… if you put single player elements in it it’s still an mmo in it’s core and should be threated as such…