8.2 week 3 disappointments

The point is that you fail to notice that playing habits change, and for a good reason. You are saying “OK, this game is set in its ways and if people don’t like it, they can leave”, but all you are doing with this is letting the game go down because it fails to adopt. People will leave, no problem. They already do. It’s just that the game will die as a side result.

Where did you even get those numbers? :smile:
You said above that the number of players are getting lower and lower and yes, it’s the single point where you are actually right. The game get’s less and less played due to the lack of hard earning content. The people want dungeons/raids where they can just zergrush and after join the forums and cry that they finished the patch too soon(see exactly what you are doing).

The LFR was always dealayed. Why? So that people actually try and kill at least 1/2 bosses in normal/hc and actually feal somekind of challange.
Mythic dungeons cannot be on an automatic queue system becouse it actually requires some gear checks and some group comps.

To conclude, if you make the content based on your feedback, you will actually lose players. Look at any high ranked game in the last 10 years(single and multiplayer). The games are at least a bit challenging. The best multiplayer games are the ones that do require COOPERATION and COMUNICATION, not buttons to click and zerg.

Hope your feedback is ignored by blizz since i like WoW not a SP game with some random NPCs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know why people leave the game and you don’t know it too… We can just guess and my guess would be because of the poor class design wich left some speccs like shadows of their former selfs. There are plenty of people who want the mmo feeling back, the huge popularity of classic wow even proves that.

So, the reason LFR Is delayed is what - that people try doing normal / heroic? Because what - because if LFR is there, then they won’t try? I am not sure I understand what you are saying. The original reason to delay LFR was so that people don’t have to do it to get gear - back then LFR gear was competitive to what else you had when the raid was just starting. This changed in Legion, so that reason is no longer valid. I don’t understand your supposed reason, please clarify what it is.

Mythic dungeons can be on automatic queue alright, we just need ratings / ilvl requirements. But let’s not even talk about that, it is much simpler. Why the hell do we not have a heroic version of Mechagon opening? For what reason?

You talking like solo players in multiplayer game are majority. I have news for you, you are not. Game should not adopt to all kinds of players, players should. The only thing game can or should do is offer different kind of content for different kind of players (it is literally impossible to make all content for everyone ).

P.S. when minorities demand smth, usually sh*t happens.

1 Like

Yes, they are. They are the majority. Surprise.

There were stats that half of the people don’t even have a max-level. Go figure.

Can you prove that? I guess no. Btw dont confuse yourself with normal casual players…

Ask Blizzard.

LFR is never available right away.
For the others join a guild. Believe me I know how daunting it can be.
I suffer from social anxiety & trying to force myself to interact with others for a game was a nightmare. But trust me it’s worth it.
They helped me become a better player & I made friends.
There is a post on the older forms just like your one & someone told me the exact same thing I’m telling you now.

It’s funny though Blizzard keeps trying to cater this game to casual players but its obviously not working. They don’t seem to understand what a lot of the various kind of player types actually want.

2 Likes

Thought so :smiley: :smiley:

If you don’t remember your entire point was that solo players were supposedly the minority. You wrote several paragraphs of text building on that bogus point. I could ask you the same question as you - can you prove that? Then we’d both laugh.

The difference is that I am actually right, and solo players are the majority, and yes, there are numbers showing that, including those provided by Blizzard. As an example, as I said, there were stats - from Blizzard - that half of the players don’t even have a single max-level char. There are other stats, too, see achievement trackers.

to be ‘right’ you need to provide verifiable proof with cited sources. You cannot provide this and therefore its an opinion.

You need to provide the numbers and their source to be ‘right’. i.e. cite the article from a blizzard employee that outright states that ‘solo players are the majority’.

You are claiming one thing and the burden of proof relies on you to prove it. Not for others to disprove it (although if they did it would put the argument to bed)

I can claim the moon is made of cheese. But without verifiable evidence its just an opinion.

1 Like

Here is a the number for you… There are around 10 solo antisocial casual players (worst kind of players in multiplayer game) like you on this forum :smiley: Im counted.
And again, don’t confuse yourself with casuals, hell even with solo casuals who are smart enough not to care about some parts of content where they cant get or they actually are ok with socializing with others if content demands that by design. You are none of those :smiley:

No disagreement, really. The thing is, however, that unlike in some other places, on this particular forum I post from work and so I have neither time nor inclination to post detailed sources. I have sources for everything I say and I post what I have handy - you can see above, for example, that I posted a source for FF player counts, because I had it handy - but when I had to dig, I don’t do that on this forum, and just stick to citing the end result. I agree that might be a little frustrating for others, but, well, such is life. This particular forum is just a side deal for me, sorry. We can treat everything I say as unconfirmed opinion, I am fine with that.

Solo players don’t post. I am an exception here (or am I? I was not a solo player once, maybe that’s the reason I post). I know you are kidding above, but in case you aren’t, you cannot count like you do. (twenty smilies)

do these statistic specifically say players or characters… if we go for example by my account I have 2 max lvl characters and like 30 non max level alts I created but never levelled… so… of course non max level characters are the majority…

Players. The statistics are that half of the players don’t have a single max-level character. The quote is from MoP, if I remember correctly. Huge losses of the players after that likely changed the statistic with the left players being more hardcore and thus a higher proportion having max-levels, but at the same time we had tons of people leaving PVE / especially PVP into solo for the exact same reasons others were leaving the game.

I’m solo player most of the time (since it is almost impossible to find lively guild on Alliance side on my server this days) and i post. See you are not special or exception.
Difference between me and you is I’m ok with adopting to the game, i know that i can get in any content in the game any time i want, I just need to use tools game provided me with. You on the other hand ask for game to adopt to your needs, like you are something special.

1 Like

can you please post a link to this, because you also have to consider, that some players have multiple accounts, and they do not necessarily have max level characters on max
besides, these players could also be players who just started or have returned at that point… or players who stopped playing

numbers without context don’t say anything

I don’t have it handy, but if I manage to dig it up (and don’t forget about it), I will post it.

Here’s what I have handy for perspective:

Blizzard: 70% in WOW don’t pass level 10

https:/ /www.eurogamer.net/articles/blizzard-70-percent-of-new-wow-players-dont-get-past-level-10_1

This is right before Cata, and yes, the situation has improved, but that’s nice as a food for thought.

There is this illusion that this game is about raiding and bla bla bla. In reality, this game is being funded by people who don’t group at all, and this was always the case. Those who call them names are riding on their money, the game wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for lowly players who don’t raid and don’t arena and have low-ilvl gear, it’s them who fund all this jazz.

yeah, I found that article too… but that article doesn’t say anything else but only 30% of players make it past lvl 10, that means, that 70% stop playing before reaching lvl 10 that doesn’t mean that all of those are solo players…

also it specifically says NEW players, so these are players who try out the game for their (probably) first time