8.2 week 3 disappointments

A base 0 Mythic is an “elitist only” dungeon now.

Some people in this community…

1 Like

Strong guild needed for Mythic dungeon (not even a keystone)?

:joy::joy::joy:

So if mythic is as normal as any other dungeon as your reaction is suggesting, why make it mythic only and not something you can queue for?
The reason a lot of people don’t like being forced in to mythics isn’t because its more difficult. It’s because people have crappy attitudes towards people whom play casually and have a lower item level, kicking them constantly from queues or just generally being dickish and thinking they’re above them. (elitist)

I think the point being made wasn’t that mythic is the same as regular dungeons. More that you used the term elitist to describe mythic 0 dungeons. Mythic 0 are just a small step above heroics in terms of difficulty. Unless you think heroics are elitist, then it seems wierd to des ribe mythic 0 as elitist simply because its slightly harder and requires you to search for a group.

Mythic plus is entirely different because affixes and timer. Mythic 0 is nothing like that.

then add it to the group finder. Set it so you need a specific item level before you can queue for it. It’s not the difficulty that’s the issue for people, it’s the attitudes of others. Group finder removes that from the equation and makes it straight forward

It really doesn’t. If you can’t even handle the engagement of grouping up with four randoms (just like LFD) maybe an MMORPG just isn’t for you.

The problem with the “attitude of others stops me lfging” argument is you have the power to host your own group and set the terms. This way nobody can bar you from entering because you determine the entry requirements. Make it clear its a chill run. I guarantee you will find applicants.

Yes some people have already overhyped mechagons entry requirements to obscene levels like 420 plus ilevel and achi for doing it already. Ignore those clown groups. If they want an EZ run they should do it with a guild or whatever.

It could have been placed In Group finder. My guess is blizz wanted to make it clear its different from other dungeons (it is, its more like a 5 man raid) and so like newly released raids, you can’t lfr it straight away, to keep the content hyped for those who have been preparing for it with friends or whatever. I’m not saying I agree completely it’s necessary to keep raids out of raid finder straight away, but I get why it’s done.

Once you get beyond the metrics of it though, the lfg tool can be used exactly like the group finder. I have pugged mecha with randoms and pugged every mythic plus I have done. It’s only completely different if you let it be. The fact it’s not completely automatic is the only real difference. And that you need to be the one determining gear appropriate level, not a computer.

If I’m encountering difficulties finding groups for a dungeon on mythic, if possible with keys I always host it myself. That said being a tank means I’m rarely subject to scrutiny if my ilevel fits.

I never said Mythic was the same as normal, I laughed at you saying you require a guild to do Mythic dungeons, which is completely incorrect.

Not wanting to play with someone who is lower ilvl is not being elitist.

Mechagon is a mega dungeon, meaning its long. In my experience random groups are far less organised and willing to stick through wipes as groups that were formed prior to entering.

To make group content viable / smooth and fun for complete randoms with no real time investment into the group, you’d have to nerf it.

This is an MMO-RPG, social interaction and forming groups should be the bread and butter of the game.

You have pretty much stated exactly why a lot of ppl don’t like them.
Because the system gets abused and people start demanding obscene levels as a requirement. If people want to do harder content, I’m totally fine with that. If they want to spend time making groups and doing that content, then cool go for it.
But not everyone should be expected to do that and that’s why the group finder is a helpful tool for so many.
And Tehuwo , how others want to play their game is nothing to do with you. You have no knowledge of their lives and why they do things. If I wanna come on an play solo with as little engagement as possible, that’s my call nobody elses

So you want to play an MMO, but you don’t want to interact with other people. You kinda chose the wrong type of games. You can’t really come to a game that’s based on people playing together and community and complain that you don’t want to play with other people and be a part of the community.

lol I interact with other people. I do dungeons, raids, world quests, pvp and group with others regularly the same as you. I just don’t like the concept of being forced to use that mythic system, when there’s a perfectly good group finder.
WoW has normal dungeons, heroics mythics and mythic plus.
Why not have them all on lfg and leave Mythic plus for those who want that extra level of difficulty and the nostalgia of looking for others.
That way the mythic plus players are happy and everybody else gets to play the content too without the additional hassle

The foundation this game is built upon is social engagement. WoW is an MMORPG and if it wasn’t down to the fact Blizzard heavily changed the game after WOTLK to be very singleplayer oriented in more than a few ways this attitude wouldn’t exist.

You have the option to do Mechagon. You just don’t want to because you can’t queue up for it. Really all that’s in your way is yourself.

1 Like

No. This is not the case.

I don’t know why you believe the above, but all of this is false.

The foundation of WoW, the thing that attracted people to the game initially and kept and keeps attracting them is THE WORLD. It is not playing with others. Playing with others is an option. The thing that makes or breaks WoW is the world and the world alone. By the world I mean: zones, mobs, lore and an option to go do instances, PVP, pet battles, whatever.

No, WoW was NEVER group-oriented.

No, WoW was NOT group-oriented before WotLK. Since its very beginning, WoW attracted players by being an easier and friendlier MMO than other MMOs on the market. Being easier and more casual and less hardcore in terms of required investment compared to other MMOs was the whole selling point. It is only later when WoW got mature and recognizable enough compared to other established MMOs that other selling points started appearing.

I don’t know why the hell are those stupid myths about WoW being group-oriented now or in the past are so popular on the forums. I guess that happens because the forums are for hardcore players who are too busy to notice that the game is NOT being funded by them and never were. The game belongs to solo players since the very start, the forum people who post nonsense like “just get into a group” are just oblivious to that and are living happily uninformed.

Emm, NO?! It was not only the world but realization that you can be part of Horde or Alliance, part of group, of society , that you could play with others, since at that time MMORPG was kinda new genre. Were you able to do dungeons solo, or raids, or pvp in Vanilla, BC? Ofc no. If all this time you were playing WoW as singleplayer game, i’m sorry for you, but every single MMORPG or multiplayer mode in game, people play for interacting with other people.

1 Like

clearly its not the one who is wrong here if other companies with much better publicly recived expansions then BfA noticed the demand and use NPCs for dungeons as their selling features for newest expansions.

you will see that blizzard will announce the same thing during blizzcon copying competition that is way ahead of them atm .

people are just done with having t deal with elitest toxic a…holes. and rightfully so.

1 Like

this is simply not true . most people who started playing in 2005-2006 loved wow for how graphicaly and gameplay supperior it was compared to other games of that time

atm wow is like dinosaur compared to modern mmorpgs. and it shows because since BfA more and more people treat other games as their primary source of mmorpg and wow as secondary

wow lost its magic long time ago - and its so bad atm that even peopl with 15 years involement rather go play something else - including major streamers and youtubers.

I mean wasnt partying with people for raids, dungeons, world pvp part of gameplay? All I was trying to say THE WORLD was not the single major point of the game that attracted people.

it wasnt . less then 1 % cleared naxx - very few people did dungeons or even reach endgame back then .

wow became popular despite raiding and dungeons - not because of it - and it was always visible in completion statistics - because before introduction of lfd barely anyone did dungeons - before introduction of lfr less then 10% raided.

succes of wow was never because of group instance content

1 Like

Again i was not singling out one aspect of the game ) All i was saying there were many. And i’m sure there were people who came to game knowing they can interact with other people, one way or another. I guess raiding and dungeons were not the best way to make a point )

what other aspects of game besides raiding and dungeons require you to group up / communicate with people ? pvp ? pvpers have been crying for solo que for how many years now ?

face it people want to play with other people - just with random people who cannot judge them anyway . and if they do they are punished by game GMs like in other games with penalty systems for toxicity

wow is the only toxic mmorpg out there - rest is policiing the communities strongly against toxic behaviour.